Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jul 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Gestational diabetes testing?

Hiya,

I have to have Gestational diabetes testing as I have family history of diabetes image

I dont have the test for about 6 weeks yet but it invovles fasting and having blood taken twice and staying at the hospital for half a day.

I am not looking forward to this but better to be safe then sorry i guess.

Has or is anyone else having this test too?

xxx

Replies

• Options
    yes me! I have had the GTT both pregnancies before and having it at 28 weeks this time too. Like you I have family history of diabetes. I didnt get diabetes either time but i still worry this time!

The test is ok, just the fasting bit i don't like as it makes me feel a bit dizzy when i'm hungry!

good luck with yours xx
  • Options
    Thanks for your response image

When is yours?

Mine isnt until next month

xxx
  • Options
    I'm booked in for a GTT too. I didn't have it last time but my mum has become diabetic since my last pregnancy so I now qualify. Not looking forward to having to down a large quantity of lucozade but better to be safe than sorry
  • Options
    Hey hun image

Had mine two weeks ago...

Are you having done at the jessops?

If so get there early.... loads at same time.... first come first serve basis

So could add to waiting time.....

Just boring and i was so hungry by the end of it! not heard anything so i dont think i have xox
  • Options
    we dont get lucozade, they mix this horrid syrup stuff that is thick and not fizzy. it really does make you heave! i think mine is near end of april.
  • Options
    I have been told to bring my own lucozade... quite thankful after hearing what you had to drink! lol image

xxx