Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jul 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Scan tomorrow

Ever since my 20 week scan i've been a little worried about the size of baby as it was plotting right at the bottom of the charts. I still have no defined bump and can still (just about) fit into my pre pregnancy jeans at 25 weeks.

Well, my friend who is being my MW came to do my check this morning and measured bump size. When she tried to plot it on the growth chart she had to round the measurement up to even get it on the bottom of the chart, it was nowhere near the lower centile line. I was measuring 21-22cm when I should be 25cm! So I've got a growth scan arranged for Tuesday morning, although they'll try and bring it forward to tomorrow if they can squeeze me in.

Fingers crossed that baby is just good at hiding in there and is at least growing along the lower centile line. really does show that no 2 pregnancies are the same. I had a textbook pregnancy and birth last time and I guess expected the same again. Will let you ladies know what happens x

Replies

• Options
    Good luck. I'm sure you've just got a mini bump.
  • Options
    Good luck - really hope all is well and baby is just good at hiding.

Take care xx
  • Options
    Well i'm pleased to say that I managed to get my scan this morning. Baby is indeed good at hiding, is still small but growing at a good rate. And breathe..... :lol:
  • Options
    Glad everything is ok. These things can be so worrying but I think no two pregnancies are the same. I've felt really different this time. I was really healthy and glowing last time but I've been sick, queasy and tired so much more this time. I'm not enjoying it as much and I think it's just being knackered from having a toddler.
  • Options
    So glad all is well!! You must be really relieved. I'm 27 weeks today and whilst I do have a bump it definitely isn't all that big and lots of people comment on how 'neat' or 'small' I still look...but our bubs is actually above average in all the measurements! We have growth scans every 4 weeks ((for a different reason) and apparently I'm on track for a 8.5-9lb baby...so it really can be that some babies just like to hide further in that others (or in my case spread out sideways as I seem to have a nice chunky lump each side where my waist used to be!!), hehe. Anyway glad all is well...enjoy breathing big sighs of relief!.x.