Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jul 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weight Gain so far...

Hiya ladies,

So how are you all doing?

I am trying my HARDEST to eat heathily, but plenty for the baby as well, lots of wholegrains, veg and fruit.

I do have one little treat a day but thats it.

In my first trimester I did eat WHATEVER I wanted and i realised that was wrong so ive been much better and focused on good, filling food since and ensure I do exercise at least every other day.

I gained 8lbs in the first trimester which seems a lot but I think after months of dieting for my wedding and then eating normally / same as my hubby, my body (my hips especially) clung to the food I that stuffed greedily! doh!

Then so far in my 2nd trimester ive gave about 4/6lbs (depending on scales and day).

Thus ive gained approx a stone so far... ummmm.... ive got just under 15 weeks to go, thus if thats about a lb a week thats about right...

I have some friends who had only gained about 6lbs at this stage, but ended up putting on 2 1/2 stone in total, thus they put alot of in their last trimester, now that is a little worrying.... image

Dont get me wrong my baby is far more important that what the scales say but I do want to try and not fall into the trap of eating for two etc...

Soooooooo after all my rambling how are you all doing on the weight gain front???

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hiya,

You sounds like you're doing really well with the food and exercise and I think that's a pretty perfect weight gain so far. I think they say the average weight gain is 28lb during pregnancy so you seem right on target!

As for me, quite a different story to you! In the first trimester I actually lost weight due to the morning sickness - I did my best to eat as much as I could but the nausea was killer. I think I lost about 4lb altogether. I think by between week 13 and 17 I managed to put that back on and get back to my pre pregnancy weight and since then I've put on about 12 or 13lb I think...so at 27 weeks I'm more or less coming up to having put on a stone altogether. We'll see what happens from here I guess, everyone is so different it's hard to know really isn't it.

.x.
  • Options
    I've put on 15lbs so far but this is my second so I'm letting myself have lots more treats this time. Last time I put on about 30lbs but I lost 21 lbs in the first week after giving birth.
  • Options
    i have put on about one stone now at 25+2. In my first preg i put on 3 stone, then about 1 and a half stone in my second. I'm already overweight though (13 st 6lb when got pg) so shouldnt put on as much as a normal weight person! Sounds like you are doing really well. Dont deny yourself the treats as you are being really sensible anyway!

xxx
  • Options
    Thanks so much ladies image

I'm trying to be good, it's hard though as I love yummy naughty stuff! Lol image

Didn't help I've been called 'plump' and 'mrs blobby'!!!

I was a size 12, before getting pregnant, I am tall and was a size 10 in the summer for my wedding but honeymoon saw the end of that! Lolimage

Im now a size 12 maternity in tops, dresses and skirts, but a size 14 maternity bottom (boo!) ha ha!

I'm trying not to get too hung up on it as baby much much much more important, just can't help feeling a little insecure from time to time about my changing body shape.

Xxx