Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in July 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Jack has his first jabs today not looking forward to it

Well title says it all really, my oh is at work and has been unable to take time off so it's down to me to take Jack for his first lot of jabs. I am dreading it, I am allergic to tetanus and hope Jack isn't as it may cause a reaction. The HV was supposed to advise me on what to do but never got back to me so will have to see what doc says this morning. May have to take Jack to hospital to have them under supervision.

Wish me luck girls

Nervous Mummy xx

[Modified by: Sazzle33 on 19 August 2009 09:18:10 ]

Replies

• Options
    Arr good luck Jack...Hopefully it will be ok!

xx
  • Options
    Hi Sazzle

Riley had his first jabs done today too. It was horrible as he was in such a good mood this morning after being a bit miserable yesterday. He went to sleep after but has been really screaming for an hour or so this evening, but thankfully he is asleep now.

Did you get Jack weighed too? Riley is a chucky monkey considering he was just over 3 weeks early and now weighing in at 12lb 13ozs!

I hope Jack's jabs went okay! Nicki
  • Options
    Hi,

Thanks girls.

After a quick phone call to the hospital by the nurse we decided Jack should have his jabs and I would just wait in the waiting room for 20 minutes after to make sure he didn't have a reaction. Although he screamed bloody murder for the whole 20 minutes ( felt awful with everyone staring :rollimage The nurse was happy for us to go but when we got home he was quite poorly and just kept crying then falling asleep then waking up screaming again and shivering a bit. I gave in and gave him a spoonful of calpol and he calmed a little and although we had a bit of an un settled night he seems back to his wriggly self this morning image

No I didn't get him weighed although I'm sure he is at least 11lb now...will take him to the clinic next tues to see how much my little fatty has put on

:lol:

Hugs
    Sarah + Jack xxx
  • Options
    aww bless them im dreading taking harrison on the 16th sept!hope they are feeling better today
    luv clare
  • Options
    we've not even got our date through yet and i'm already dreading trillie$ having these done- seeing her have the heel prick was bad enough

Hope both babys are all recovered xxx
  • Options
    we've not even got our date through yet and i'm already dreading trillie$ having these done- seeing her have the heel prick was bad enough

Hope both babys are all recovered xxx