Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in July 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Going back to work!

Hi,

Happy New Year everyone...hope you all had a great christmas and new year. We had flu but managed to make the best of it though..

3 weeks today I am due back at work and I am completely dreading it....I am going to miss Jack so much. The return of money will be good but that is the only positive side. I am also so worried about how we will cope with the household stuff, my oh has got very acustomed to doing very little at home and I know we are going to get into domestics over who does what!!! Although to be honest I am secretly hoping it all goes wrong and he begs me to give up work :lol:

Replies

• Options
    Hi
    I know exactely how you are feeling I go back on the 2nd Feb I am seriously down about it, I am going back 3 days at first then in April full time, there is no option of part time and we depend on my money so nothing I can do.

Same as you how I wonder how all the domestic stuff will get done.

xx
  • Options
    Hi im due back to my job in March but my oh doesnt want me to return and i have mixed feelings, i dont feel i want to retun and would rather get a part time job instead of going to work in the office all day like i was before leaving to have Evie.

Im scared about the prospect of returning to work, ive been in this bubble with my babies since i left to go on maternity leave and would love to stay in it!
  • Options
    I am looking for a job right now as OH was made redundant in December and I was in March last year. I really didnt want to go back to work until Lily was a year old, but we realllllly need the money now. sad times, but for the meantime I'm having lots of fun with her between looking for work.
  • Options
    I'm going back to work on March 2nd,i only work part time and in Mothercare so my 20% discount comes in handy!
    I can't believe my 9 months is nearly up i really don't know where it's gone!!