Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ideas & suggestions for big summer meet up :)

come on then gals - lets start getting our thinking caps on for this HUGE summer meet that we all keep mentioning.

Lets have suggestions / places / things to do.

I'll kick off (and gonna be cheeky) and suggest Banbury (near Oxford)

Its on the train line, and right by train station is an indoor soft play area called whizz kids. Also in the town centre are two lovely large parks with pic-nic areas and a canal with Barges on. Very pretty (and as a bonus i know my way round) image

I suggest June time - for two reasons......

Summer hols are going to be busy with kids round the play area / at the parks etc, and also come July We're all going to be having our LO's biirthdays to organise, so will be too busy to meet up. (plus if we do it term time my kids will be at school......)

I might even be able to put someone on my sofa if they drink too many glasses of wine!!!!! In fact - we could have a PJAMA PARTY!!!! get pizza in and watch edward & jacob...... nom nom nom :lol::lol::lol::lol:

So, what are your suggestions? Oxofrd is pretty (ish) central (unfortunatley not for our scottish mummies) - but PLENTY of B&B in town..... image

(a very excited) hayley image

Replies

• Options
    YEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH im taking your sofa now....lmao...i will def be there and hayley tbh you suggestion sounds like a fab place...but im easy either way....i do however need to know in plenty of time so i can (cheekily) get hubby to book the day off ...again lol :-P

oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh giddy.....

Can i say too that begining of june would be best for me....again term time and sammys a early july, having a huge party so need to save for that too......ekkkkkk image

I LOVE LOVE LOVE having things like this to look forward too.....(and ive had a few voddys lmao) image
  • Options
    Love the idea, I just take the Floor pmsl Joking!!

I'd be up for this!! Just really hoping lil man is seen sooner rather than later.

Dates I know i cant make

July 3rd (foo fighters gig)

July 17th As I am going to b a god mummy

June poss a better month for me too will have more money lolimageimageimage excited too as still not met any of u image

Only think I would need to know is local hosp details n thinks like that

xxxxx
  • Options
    i'm back at work and due to me working in a school i can't have ANY time off during term time image so i'd have to do weekends. I've got a take that concert on one of the saturdays in june and it's my wedding anniversary on the 20th, which is a monday but we'd be doing something the weekend before. God my stupid job ruins all my fun, hate that i can't choose my own days off to take. I only finish work for the summer late july, so i'd be looking at weekend or august(but not 19th that's my son's birthday) meet xx looking at my needs i might as well not come, i'll never be able to fit in around everyone elses needs. image
  • Options
    15th July is Lucy's B'day

18th Juy is Kai's....

so June would definately be the better option for me.

Hospital is 5 mins max by taxi from town centre... xx
  • Options
    Awww Kelly That sucks so much image tryiny to work around job esp term time must be so so hard Booo :'(

Thanks for that Hayley image its just In case precaution but a need to know thing xx
  • Options
    well could anyone else do a wknd? cos it would save hubby taking time off work too, or he could come?
  • Options
    How far is that from Plymouth?? x
  • Options
    I can do weekends makes easier with Dan working mon-fridays xx
  • Options
    kas - you're looking at 200 miles (amost 4 hours in car if you drive)

weekends is a possibility for me, but i dont know what the roads / travelling would be like for those coming in by train / car - or if tickets would cost more. :?

it would have to be something to look into x
  • Options
    Ohh that sounds a good idea to me! I'd happily travel up/ over and possibly stay the night like last time. I should be able to do weekend or week day - prefer it to be in June tho and need plenty of notice so can book the days off work!! Hopefully. Maybe a few will stay over??! Vicky, Geniene??!!
  • Options
    Hell yeah!!! Thinking this time Suz, may sleep over night of meet instead of before. I don't mind when as long as we know I'm advance to book time off/hotel etc

Very excited! No idea how far Oxford is for me tho! X
  • Options
    I think it has to be a weekend as most of us will be back at work either full or part time, and we spoke about partners/husbands coming as well.

Are we going for June now as we mentioned August at the nottingham meet?

Banbury is a lovely place, but Im just not sure how it will be for people getting there. Its only a hours drive for me, but coming by train is 3 hours and 2 changes. We may have to see how easy its going to be for people to get there.

We did mention meeting again in Nottingham? But Im not sure how people feel about this?

D xxx
  • Options
    I have just had a quick look and I dont think it will be too difficult for the ladies from manchester/liverpool, manchester is no changes and I think liverpool is only 1 or 2 max. Im not sure about futher afield though, but Im happy to drive as its only an hour for me.

We could do secret birthday gifts, like secret santa but for all the babies and their 1st birthdays.

It will be lovely. xxx
  • Options
    Just looked on the map, it is a lot further south rather than more central so looking at quite long journeys for some. I'm not very good at geography but if anyone knows a good central location so roughly same journey time for all? Think it's about 5-5 half hours for Vicky!

• Options
    Right, just done a bit of research. Is Plymouth the furthest south we have people travelling from?

Plymouth to Edinburgh is 8 hours so ideally 4 hours travelling would be fair. That takes us to Stoke-on-Trent? This is about 2.5 hours for London travellers but not sire if anyone familiar with Stoke?

Other places not too far is Birmingham/Manchester/Nottingham/Newcastle.

Anyone any ideas? X
  • Options
    Maybe Nottingham again?

I really dont mind travelling anywhere to be honest, but I think how you have worked it out Geniene is a fair way of doing it. I would also happily go to Newcastle but I suppose for those south that is quite far to travel. Im quite central so I'll happily go anywhere ladies image

D xxx
  • Options
    .....double post.....
  • Options
    Just been looking at times and prices for me from Swansea. It'd only be myself and Ioan otherwise I'd have to bring both girls if Mark came too and that's just too expensive. Looking at distance and costs on train from all the options Niene has suggested and Hayley, I could do Stoke on Trent, Birmingham and possibly Nottingham but that's quite expensive for me. Oxford and Newcastle definitely out because it would cost me ??100 minimum just for the train and I will be unemployed then so really counting the pennies.

I can do weekends or weekdays really but I'm seeing Take That on 15th or 16th June in Cardiff. Would love to meet up with you all and love the idea of secreat baby presents xxx