Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

what do i want?!?!?!?!

Hi ladies, i think ive decided i want to be a midwife! But, i want another baby!!! OH says no, never, no more babies! I keep saying to him that im only young, i could easily leave it 10yrs and have another!Only thing is, i feel like i should have another whilst these 3 are young and then concentrate on uni and making a career for myself??

I know i wouldnt want another straight away though when i think rationally, so probably best to go for career first???

Haha just read that back and what a ramble lol!!!

I am soooooooooooooooo broody!!!

Replies

• Options
    OMG - I feel really broody at the moment too. I cant understand it as i know rationally its not a good time for us to have another just yet. Really want to enjoy William for a few years and hoping to get William in nursery before we try for another. Still doesnt stop me feeling broody though!

I think we'll try for another around wills 2nd birthday. I'll be 32 by then...eeek!

xx
  • Options
    Go with your heart. There is no reason you can't have both eventually! If you want another baby, you will just know when the time is right. No reason you can't start your studies and have a break for a baby (i know someone who dod this) if this is what you decide.

xxx
  • Options
    arggh its so confusing isnt it!

midwifery is a hard course, places are hard to get and with shift work ect, honestly if i was planning another baby i would probably have it before i started that course but just my thoughts x
  • Options
    thats what i thought jacks mummy, but i dont wanna rush into having a baby just so i can get doing the course quicker. im startting to be a bit put off being a mw, so many mw have been saying how hard it all is and i dont think i can cope with that at the moment :/
  • Options
    its the cuts at the moment no one seems to be getting on the courses and the funding for mw's is going its something i looked into and would love to do xx