Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

tmi, sorry but.....

is anyone else having trouble with constipation?

oh my god im so bloated and so uncomfortable i could cry image i have ibs but the opposite way so not used to not being able to go.
whats everyone else doing to try and get things moving so to speak.

xxxx

Replies

• Options
    hey! gc from DIA but I wrote a pretty uch identical post a couple of months ago (including the IBS bit) pleased to report that things have much improved in the last 3 weeks or so, still not ideal but i've ound that kiwis have helped, i've been trying to eat 2 a day...

Hope it gets better for you soon xx
  • Options
    thanks coco image gonna stock up on fruit later me thinks image xxx
  • Options
    Me! Im 5 weeks and havent been able to eat very much due to a decrease in appetitie. I have IBS too and yesterday I was getting a pain in my side which completely terrified me. However, then I remembered that I had the same pains during my very first IBS attack. I think its been made worse by the fact that all I have eaten really is toast because my tummy has been a little sensitive,
    Hope you feel better soon xx
  • Options
    hope u feel better soon to hun, im now 6+5, only another 6 weeks till i feel human again. lol xxx
  • Options
    I don't have IBS but I feel very constipated. All I am doing is trying to eat lots of fibre because that works as a natural laxative and taking my time on the loo LOL leaning really far back whilst on the loo really helps tummy relax too (TMI sorry)
  • Options
    might try that one lol xxx
  • Options
    Hi Ladies

I am swearing by lactalose solution, safe in early pregnancy as its natural sugars and tastes ok too (kind of like the syrup you get in glac?????? cherries. Keeps you regular!

• Options
    ive heard sennakot is ok to use as well?

• Options
    I think it is but not sure if that if for constipation relief and should only be used for a short time, Lactulose is designed to keep you regular and can be used every day. My best friend is 6 months pregnant and has used it throughout, she got me on to it.

At the end of the day it is whatever works for you.
  • Options
    Im the same lol!!! I've tried bran flakes & plenty of fruit including prunes and raisins - it works!!! Xx
  • Options
    You gotta love pregnancy symptoms haven't you!

I have had a niggling headache all day, had a nap earlier but it didn't seem to help!

Oh well not complaining really as its all positive! x
  • Options
    Kel - I have IBS too and although I haven't been constipated yet (still the other way for me) I have been worried about if it does happen... I once didn't go for 10 days and it was agony. So I've been reading up and if eating bran flakes & fruit isn't helping enough then try those fybogel drinks.

You can have one a day, they're safe in pregnancy and from people I know using them seem to work.
  • Options
    thanks hun. i seem to of been a little better the last week so hope it stays like it. lol xx
  • Options
    G/C from Due in June...Sultana Bran every morning is good. Also make sure you're drinking enough water as this helps to prevent constipation xx
  • Options
    me too it's odd spent the first 2 weeks with diarrohea and now constipated! it's so odd remember it wel from last 2 so looks like this pg will be the same! I have all bran and a banana for my breakfast lol! then the wind starts image
  • Options
    Oh Kels, poor you. Luckily, this is one symptom I have avoided thus far! A friend of mine that had 2 babies suffered really badly and swore by lactulose. I also know an orange before bed, bran flakes and lots of water are all natural ways of helping. X
  • Options
    Thanks Mrseh image hope u and mini mulberry r both ok xxx
  • Options
    Im the same. Had diarrhea to start with and constipated now. Eased off with my 1st so not too worried x