Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Think I have flu :(

It started two days ago when all of a sudden I just got really cold/tired/achey/cough etc. I ended up going to bed at the same time as ds (7.30) and had the worst nights sleep ever. I just couldn't get comfy, kept shivering and coughing and feeling sick. Was sick through the night then yesterday was pretty much the same. Luckily my hubby's still off work so he's been able to look after ds whilst I've been in bed on and off. I haven't been able to stomach hardly anything either, just had two bowls of coco pops today then managed to eat a chicken sandwich for tea. I'm starting to feel a bit better now but that's how I felt last night and then overnight I got worse again.

Rang dr's this morning and they've booked me in for flu jab tomorrow but isn't it a bit late for that if I do have flu?

I'm supposed to be working tomorrow and friday as well and can't really afford not to as I'm self-employed so really hope I get better soon :cry:

Sorry just feeling really crap and useless! x

Replies

• Options
    I wouldnt reccomend flu jab down to u individually but as u know it put me in hosp my temp shot up to 39.4 i was hallucinating and shaking! I was aching from head to toe i felt all heavy and the nurses all said its a reaction to the jab i was like what they said we had it we were also ill with it and theyve had a few ladies especially pregnant ones have been admitted after having it :/ But as i say its up to you may not be the same for you

xxx