Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Mat Leave

Woop Woop, booked my mat leave (subject to change). Only 23 weeks and 3 days to go, but have to take 5 weeks holiday before than, so only 18 weeks and 2 days to go. Only work 5 days a week so 93 days to go, don't work bank holidays so only 87 working days left at work!!!! Wow, now that's not long.

Anyone else thought about time off yet?

11+1 and counting

x x x x image

Replies

• Options
    wow, that is really not that much if you count all those holidays.

I have an important deadline on 18/06 so have to work until then and will be off starting 19/06 until the end of 2011. Have about six weeks of holidays left to take but how much I will take will depend on my progress for that deadline
  • Options
    don't push yourself too hard hun, start a working day countdown to feet up time!! i was going to leave it until 1st july, but ds was 2 weeks early and as bubba is due 19th july didn't want to risk no 'me' time before I become 'mum' again!! Hope that doesn't sound selfish x
  • Options
    Thats not selfish at all, Really sensible in fact, I have no idea when my mat leave will start as my work need to get their fingers out their asses and arrange my risk assessment, no one is in HR till after the new year so I have to wait. As soon as I know, the countdown will be on!!!
  • Options
    Chowny - like the way you have it all worked out and on your countdown - great! image

I intend to work right up to bubba'a appearance, maybe finishing 2w before.... then I'm taking 6 months off and going back in Jan 2011. (All subject to change of course!).

Zxx
  • Options
    As i am a sahm there is no mat leave for me. OH will be able to get a little bit of time off but as is a carer with regular clients is harder to take 2 full weeks. But I have fantastic in laws and if i get my planned c-section they will be helping out so much so will get pleanty rest that way.
  • Options
    Sorry to be thick - what is a sahm??

• Options
    G/c - it's a Stay At Home Mum

DLAM xx
  • Options
    I'm another sahm as I got made redundant not long after going back to work after having my son but I'm his main carer anyway as he's got a disability so its actually worked out ok as I was finding it hard to balance work and all the appointments the days always seemed to clash. So no Mat leave to organise this time round. I worked for a small company last time and it was a nightmare sorting out my leave as they didn't know their arse from their elbow when it came to letting me know anything which was quite annoying.

My husband has a new job he's been in since August and they are more easy going than the last place he worked at so hopefully he won't have any trouble getting pat leave. And I'm also counting on family help too, should be ok as its summer holidays so a couple of my sisters will be off work for summer
  • Options
    Due 6th July so have booked off from mid-June, thinks it is the 13th? Probably will have some holiday to take before that as well. I can't wait now, willing the days and weeks by! image
  • Options
    i only work part time so i hope to work until about 35 weeks so around the start of june, i finished at 31 weeks last time due to working 12 hour shifts in a very heavy job ut hoping to last longer this time,
  • Options
    I'm not sure what I want to do after al this Mat leave, I know it's a long way off but if I don't have something to think about I'm going to fret over my 12week scan on 6th january. My last 12week scan 2 and a half years ago ended in a mmc!!

Anyway back to the future, I'd love to be a sahm but worry about money and I do enjoy work. Not sure how easy it would be to go back to my job part time. Anyone else having this problem or am I just creating worries?

Chowny

11+3

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev199pr___.png