Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What smells are making you gag?

Its so strange, things that never bothered us before and now we cant stand the thought of and it just feels like we are stuck with it for life.

The smell when i open the fridge makes me wanna throw up, cant stand dirty dishes, pots and pans, i struggle to wash up, hubby works more hours so i have to do it most of the time whilst gagging through it. So tempted to put a peg on my nose.

Cant think about pizza either without feeling sick, completely gone off them.

MPP + Bean (12+2)

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Oh my goodness i could`ve written that post! The fridge gets me every time and dirty washing up water before you let the plug out. The smell of something cooking in the oven,i cant cook anything in the day as the smell taht lingers makes me sick! Really bizzare but i love the smell of new sponges before they have been used!lol. image
  • Options
    I gag at most strong smells especially food hubby had hot cross buns last night and that made me gag, the smell of coffee and alcohol makes me gag to. I sometimes have to put a tea towel over my nose when I'm cooking because if I dont I would throw up
  • Options
    I used to have issues with the fridge in my last pregnancy. Couldn't even go in the kitchen and I knew anytime anyone opened it wherever I was in the house! Bizarrely this time, smells don't seem to bother me, just times of the day when I feel bleugh. Like evenings after dinner image

That said, changing my daughter's nappies can be a bit challenging smell-wise.

Roll on an end to to sickness eh ladies!

• Options
    This is so funny! I can just imagine women everywhere gagging over smells lol! For me its dirty dishes too, the smell of lamb, cigarettes, alcohol, aftershave-oh is banned at the mo!, hairspray, cheese!!! x x x
  • Options
    I thought i was strange coz of the dirty dishes but seems to be popular, It took me 3 hours to wash up today, i had to keep walking away! :lol: So glad i dont work in a restaurant. Not getting morning sickness anymore, but i do tend to gag when my stomach is empty.

MPP + Bean (12+2)

xxx
  • Options
    EGGS are the worst invention in history to me atm!! Smell of them makes me sick no matter how they come...being a carer i have to make them for my patients i had to make it twice in a day :/ was not pleasant!

Chocolate still makes me sick but more when i eat it lol!

I dont like opening the fridge either i think its the mixture of everything as the stuff in it separately isn't offensive to my nostrils...image Weird really haha! I still feel sick a lot but it helps when i eat a little something cant manage more than one big meal a day but can eat mini bit throughout the day image Im loving garlic atm i think but more the smell than the taste very strange :P

xxx