Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

slowly getting there!

well after panicking the last few weeks I now have a baby bath and set, baby towels, 2 outfits, 5 sleepsuits, a rocker chair for baby and a playmat lol! I seem to have noticed also that I am buying things in the wrong order i.e. least necessary first - oh well at least i have made a start thanks to piggypops for the brilliant list image

Replies

• Options
    oh how exciting! we only have the pram so far but im only 21 weeks today so still loads of time image

whats this fab list you were talking about? i would love to see it as we are also struggling to think of everything we will need for baby.

xx
  • Options
    I feel like I'm getting there a bit too, although is anyone else doing lots of DIY?! Why do we put ourselves through it at this important time?! Don't know about you, but I'm doing the nursery at the minute and last weekend used a whole pot of polyfiller on the walls - I think my house is more polyfiller than anything else! Add to that my husband tiling our bathroom from floor to ceiling. What a mess everywhere! And no spare time at weekends!

Still once its done, let the baby spending spree commence! image
  • Options
    hehe

we have the cot up, i'm waiting for mum to finish the bedding and that will all be in, already washed all the neutral clothes and put them in the drawers, just waiting for 4D scan to doubley confirm our pink bundle is in fact pink and i can wash the rest! i am so impatient, loads still to get out of the loft but we have no where to put it as yet!
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat as you peeweesmum...

Last weekend me and hubby completely revamped our study (something I have wanted to do for years. Hubby thought i was mad but i was insistant that it needed to be done BEFORE we start on the nursery...

So far we have brought

Pair of shoes (seriously cute)

5 short sleeved baby grows

5 long sleeved babygrows

a dress

nursery furniture cot bed, wardrobe, changing unit and under bed draw

Crib

Rocking chair

bath

play mat

a ridiculousely large fury caterpilla

2 rattles

a large stuffed miffy rabit

toy storage hanger

name plaque for the door

wallpaper and curtains......

oh and have ordered the param complete with carry cot, changing bag, car seat and adapter, parasol and blanket......

Ooops rather a kot isnt it :lol:
  • Options
    We have been doing loads of decorating too! First we decorated my step daughters room, then hubby has been doing frontroom and next we will be doing the nursery, I've just been clearing it out the last couple of weekends. We will also be finishing the tileing in the bathroom at some point too, then the front and back gardens need to be done image

Makes me tired just thinking about it all!

So far we have brought the cot and matress, a pram/travel system, cot bedding, curtains, quite a few babygrow vests and sleepsuits and verious clothes, a few nappys and wipes, some undercot storage, a changing mat, cot mobile and a travel cot.

Still got quite a bit to get but we are spreading it out over paydays with one large item and and a couple of smaller bits each time and my mum is getting me a moses basket and a bouncer, apparently she has quite a collection of things bless her, this is her first grandchild and she is very excited! imageimage
  • Options
    Gosh, I feel so unorganised reading this post ... so far I haven't bought a thing! All I have is some little bits the MIL and SIL have bought and that my mum has knitted. Have test driven a few prams but keep changing my mind as to whether to get something lightweight that folds down so fits easily in car boot or something which has a bigger shopping basket etc but that is heavier and more awkward in my small boot!

Seem to keep prioritising everything else, such as getting the garden done or clearing the garage! ... think I need to get cracking! image