Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weather in August?!

I was just looking through the lastest celeb gossip and came across this article (not sure how accurate it is....i mean it is from the daily mail!!!) but looks like we're all in for a rubbish june/july but a frazzling in August this year! Oh dear lets hope we are not all too huge x

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1370518/That-s-guaranteed-sizzle-summer--expect-heavy-rain-thunderstorms-flash-flooding-June.html

Replies

• Options
    Oh no. I hope not!!!!!

A nice warm september and October would be nice though.... x
  • Options
    Oh no thats not good I'm really sick of really cold winters and getting no summer to compensate. Rain is the worst thing ever I guess the heat wont affect us tho until august
  • Options
    im more concerned about being massively pregnant during a heat wave. when we went to south africa in jan/feb i was only 13-16 weeks and i was already suffering from the heat, which normally doesnt bother me much at all. luckily im on maternity leave from june 7th so i wont have to face the stuffy underground every day.
  • Options
    Oh so lucky being on leave from June.... I am attempting to work until 29th July but i am due late August so given myself 3 weeks off prior to birth (in an ideal world) I know i am worried about being all hot and bothered and heavily pregnant... x
  • Options
    I heard this, and being due 3 August was quite pleased that hopefully our baby will have come by the time it gets really hot & we'll all be able to enjoy it.... with a sunshade on the pram obviously!!
  • Options
    Oh no looks like im gonna have a stressful 3rd trimester then image Id rather it was hot and sticky than have to worry about our house and garden flood again. Every bloody year it happens, god help our baby boy! image

MPP + Blue Bump (20+6)

xxx
  • Options
    Lord i dunno how im gunna live with the heat...just happy ill be on mat leave from 30th week of pregnancy image So i'll spend it with my feet in cold water and aim to have everything ready by then lol x