Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Im back after hospital stay...also on FB x

Hey all, I'm BAAAAAACCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!! =D image Feel on top of the world right now wooohooo! On Sunday i got horrendous pains in my stomach so rang doc wo said straight to A&E because i was throwing up again :/ They dipped my urine and found all sorts in it so was immediately admitted to Maternity. They put a drip up for me and i had 3 bags of saline put through and IV antisickness i had some essential sugars etc via a drip aswell. Along with IV antibiotics for a water infection. Was in on my own all sunday afternoon/evening could hear all the newborn babies crying in the other room was sooo jelous i wanted my bubba haha but not yet. They brought anopther lady in through the night so i had a friend. The next morning they sent me for a scan as were worried i had an ovarian cyst i havent but do have an abcess on my appendix site which is under pressure off the stretching and the pain gets worse when baby lies on it obv...not a lot they can do but they think it will burst soon but it shouldnt cause any harm to me or bubba which is good but they are keeping a closer eye on me image After that i had more iv cyclizine and they took down the drip and i ate some toast which i didnt throw up wow! Then i was givien Oral cyclizine and oral antibiotics which i managed to keep down aswell i was eating and drinking building it up which was fab. They tested my water and had something in it...but with more fluids and diet my water became clear image I still have a water infection and im on oral antibiotics but feel so much better image Im eating and drinking freely now and thats good. The one good thing about this is i went on mat unit and the midwifes were FABULOUS the unit is IMMACULATE and couldnt ask for more im so happy that i have chosen this hosp and if the delievery unit is half as good then i will have a lovely birth im sure =D My partner did not come to see me while in hosp leaving me with no visitors because my mums away and my dad was at work his mum said he was coming but he rang and said hed see me today but im home and i dont want to see him he couldnt even be bothered to come and see me knowing i was ill and the baby was in distress because of me being ill. I did get a sneaky peek of baby on scan of ovaries (mainly as baby was lying in front of ovary and wouldnt move stubborn little thing lol) looks sooooooo perfect and cant wait to see properly on 20 week scan will be a week on Friday image I'll be practically 21weeks though which is fab! The ladies i was on the ward with were lovely one only lives round the corner image Her waters broke on Sunday but shes only 36weeks but they are inducing her on Thursday for risk of infection image Another lady had issues with her blood pressure she was 33 weeks i felt so far behind them and even further behind the new mums i was highly tempted to pinch a baby for a cuddle but they were alsways screaming so i passed and made a mental note to myself to SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP in the next 20 weeks being on the ward was a positive experience for me as i want sure what it was like...it was amazing seeing the newborn babies made my pregnancy so much more real thinking one of them was growing in me =D The new mums ate in the day room with us and some shared the positive birth stories which put me and the other 2 mums at ease =D Anyway didnt mean to do epic post but just so pleased i feel better and the ward, staff and patients were all amazing =D Can't wait till im in there having my baby in 21 weeks lol! xxx

Replies

• Options
    hi hun, really pleased to hear they've worked their magic and made you feel better. You sound so happy and positive.

You're partner ignoring you in hospital is unforgiveable. He owes you a massive apology for implying you were exagerating and forcing you to drive yourself for help. I'm pretty sure from your other posts that you wont get it. Hope this is not over stepping the mark but his comment about coming round for sex in your previous message made my skin crawl! You deserve so much better.

Hope you can use your new found positivity and good health to be very strong with him. Take care x image
  • Options
    Hey hun,

I am so glad you feel better and that you've been able to turn your sickness into a positive! I bet it was very exciting hearing all of the newborn babies crying!

Your boyfriend sounds like a bit of a pig! I am sorry to be so blunt but you seem like such a lovely person and I really feel that you deserve so much better. If I was his mother I would be mortified by his behaviour! I would make him do some serious ass licking!

I hope you feel better soon!

xxx