Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hurry up July!!!

In my family on my husbands side their are four women who were expecting babies this year. Cousin 1, who gave birth to the most beautiful baby girl in Feb, Cousin 2, who gave birth to a completely gorgeous baby boy last Thursday, my SIL who is due at the end of May, and then me, due on 24th July. It has been so lovely being pregnant alongside the other girls because we are a close family. BUT, I cant stop thinking about MY TURN!!! I am so so excited to have this baby, everytime I think about meeting the little thing I cry and each baby that is born in to our family just intensifies this feeling. I think when SIL gives birth to my neice or nephew I will just burst!!! Its weird, but I almost feel like being pregnant just makes me love the other babies even more. I cant wait until they are all together - we will be able to start our own mother and baby group!! I feel like the weeks are going by quite fast, but at the same time I feel like I am having to wait for ages to get to meet my baby. July seems like it is just too far away! Anyone else?

Replies

• Options
    I'm with you on that! I'm due the same da as you and I think this transition period is the hardest- once you get to single figures ie 30 weeks+ it definitely goes alot quicker. I'm feelin like it's a long time away but at the same time it feels like I have so much to do before and not a lot of tie to do it i.e. uni dissertation!
  • Options
    I know exactly what you mean. My best friend had her baby girl last Thursday and I love her sooooo much already I really didn't want to leave when I saw her on Saturday, so much so thgat I'm going round again tonight! I'm sure I would have loved her anyway but I'm convinced the feeling is intensified by being pregnant.

As we have gone through our pregnancies together I feel like it should be my turn now, 3 more months seems so long! I'm sure though like Mrsgood says it will start to fly by once we're into our 3rd trimesters... x
  • Options
    Oh no July is far too soon as it is July next year might just be ok
  • Options
    i hear you can not wait till july as i have had a bad PG this time round just with it was over in a sense if you get what i mean