Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

anyone still exercising?

i am starting to find it harder but suprised i am still able to do the full hour of my class, hoping to manage at least a few more weeks, anyone else still going?

Replies

• Options
    Heya,

I gave up the gym as soon as I found out I was pregnant as had a MMC previously and didn't want to take any risks. But I have been swimming instead and love the time to relax in the water, but at the same time I set myself a challenge to complete a certain amount of lengths in a set time. I'm hoping to continue swimming right up to the birth x
  • Options
    Well I had good intentions of going swimming every week like last time but haven't got round to it yet. I 've got loads more energy at the moment too.
  • Options
    g/c from due in aug - im 24+1 and exercise about 3 times a week. im still feeling good and want to continue for as long as i can. i realise though that as pregnancy progresses i may have to tone it down a bit. well see image
  • Options
    I'm swimming, on and off, really enjoy it when I'm there. Think I will go more when I start my maternity leave. Zxx
  • Options
    I'm still getting to the gym probably 3 times a week, just been taking it a bit more gently than before. I also try to get out for a few walks weather permitting or have the odd swim. Might have to modify things as I go along but hoping to keep as active as possible for as long as possible image x
  • Options
    I'm still doing yoga once a week and swimming regularly but taking it alot easier than previously! Alot of the postures in yoga need a bit of adjusting to account for bump! x

28+1
  • Options
    I stopped playing Badminton a while ago and am now doing PG yoga and also try and walk as much as I possibly can.

Luckily I finally have some more energy so I am enjoying it.
  • Options
    I used to run 3 miles a day and do half marathons but have done nothing since found out i was pregnant as had a MMC last year and didn't want to take any risks.

I have continued to walk 2-3 miles a day (weather permitting) but am really missing my running image

I plan to start swimming as i now have a cozzy but haven't got round to it yet.
  • Options
    I'm doing pregnancy yoga and aquanatal. I used to run and am really missing doing a proper cardio workout. I'm going to start swimming more often, as I feel like I'm turning to lard :lol: