Forum homeβ€Ί Archived Birth Clubsβ€Ί My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

After App today

Went to see my consultant today for a check up to see how things are going.

They are surprised I am still teaching despite being on crutches. They think that as well as my spd and my hip joint separating I also have baby trapping my sciatic nerve on the left side causing my left leg and ankle to swell up and hurt by the end of every day.

Her heartbeat was fine and they are happy with her.

Except for her size! After being asked how overdue I was I knew I was a little bigger than normal but the consultant said "Gosh this is a good sized baby for 28weeks Wow let me check the measurements"

I have been measured at 31cm - 3cm ahead!

I have to go back in 4 weeks time for them to check on the growth and all of my other problems to see if they are going to need to bring forward my induction.

At the moment he has said the latest he will wait before inducing me is 38 weeks - So I am looking at around the 22nd of July (I will be 38+1 as they only have app on Friday!)That is 10 weeks today image

He said that my body obviously puts all its effort into growing babies quickly but forgets to look after itself (typical woman!)

Now I have less time to count down - unless of course she decides to come before I'm induced! I suppose i had better start donig things to organise myself

Hope everyone else is well and enjoying their pregnancies :lol:

Replies

• Options
    Oh Hun, you really need to look after yourself! Perhaps some time off work wouldn't hurt? It's good news about the baby though! Nice healthy and large! Exactly how I like to produce them ha ha! No wonder you've put more weight on than you expected!

Hope you feel better soon

Xx
  • Options
    Good to hear the appointment went good. At least they are keeping an eye and you. Look on the bright side you get to meet your dd earlier. Hope you are not too sore with all your pains. Thats good that you are still at work. Are you finishing up soon? I had the Consultant on Tuesday and my baby is 2 1/2lb already at 28 weeks so don't know what it is in comparison to you but he was pleased with this considering my first daughter was born at 34 weeks.
  • Options
    Just realised it was alfie who said about weight gain not alf and osks!!!! Sorry. Xx
  • Options
    Louise - My maternity leave was due to start on the due dateas it is during the summer holidays and I teach - that would have given me more paid time off with baby - SO now I will start the day I go in to be induced!

Artysman - I have put on weight but I try not to weigh myself as I get caught up on it. I however have not put on as much weight as with my DS2 - This time it is just my bump that is huge- everywhere else has remained the same! I get to rest for a week in 2 weeks time as it will be half term - then I will be at work until the day I go in to hospital to be induced - counting down now!
  • Options
    I'm a teacher too! Are u primary or secondary? Xx
  • Options
    I am primary - I have an interesting class of year 3's this year but will have a class of year 5's when I go back in January! What about you?
  • Options
    Primary too! Up until may leave I was a year 6 teacher but now that I'm only working 2 days a week I'm in year 4! Im doing a job share and love it! I've not been told where I am when I go back but they have already started asking if I'll teach 4 mornings a week so I can teach maths and English to year 6! No thanks!!!! I'm senco too but work from home for that! Have u taught year 5 before?
  • Options
    Yes - in this school I have taught all year groups - including 2 years in year 5. My class that I am going to have, have some interesting features!! That mustbe good being able to work from home.
  • Options
    Dont you just love the interesting ones! Ha ha! Yes I'm very lucky to have such a supportive head! I didn't expect to get paid to work from home! It does have it's bad points though! I get called upon loads!
  • Options
    My head is not as supportive and has already said that any requests for change of hours will not be accepted!

I had my follow up physio appointment today for my SPD and hips etc. She has written in my notes that she has advised that it is now unsafe for me to teach PE to my class as I am not able to stand up for that long or model how to do the activities. She also asked me if I wanted a wheelchair or zimmer frame as my walknig is so bad!! I said no thank you to both!! I am managing to teach most subjects using my crutches.

She has also put in my notes that I am suffering from shortness of breath when doing anything and my pulse rate is all over the place - it was over 120bpm while I was there. She is writing to my consultant saying that the size of baby needs to be checked with a scan as I am so big and struggling so much. - We will see.
  • Options
    Oh hunni really sorry you are struggling so much, I too am measuring bigger and am on crutches for my SPD, hips and have problems with sciatica on my right side. As my bump is so big but baby is measuring small they think I could be further ahead than they thought. At least you have an end date in sight now.

I have had to take early maternity as I was in agony everyday and looking after 3 under 5 was really taking its tole on me

Hope everything goes well for you xx