Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

feeling shattered. missing my family

hi,

just a moan really sorry!

I am feeling exhausted at the mo. I work full time, have a two year old and at the weekends my hubby never (unless I tell him to) gets up with her, she wakes at 6am or earlier every day. Because I miss her so much in the week I do LOVE spending time with her and usually it never bothers me getting up, but because I am now coming up to 34 weeks I do not sleep that well - waking in the night to wee every few hours, I would just love it if my hubby would offer just one day in a weekend (seeing we both work full time) to get up with her. It drives me nuts and makes me feel so sad, have cried this morning. He is amazing in so many ways so I shouldn't complain. Sleep is his only flaw. He is grouchy without it. But right now, so am I!

sorry for the moan. Just needed to let it out. xxx

Replies

• Options
    Oh bless you Roo - you rant away, that is what these forums are all about. You are bound to be shattered, I am and I don't have a little one to look after as well as being pregnant. I am a little behind you, 33 weeks today.

I'm continually getting up in the night too - perhaps its mother nature's way of preparing us for all the sleepless nights ahead!!

Its hard when you are hubby is fine in every other way, some people just really need their sleep I know. Maybe have a little heart to heart and just explain that right now you could really do with a bit more help and support. I'm sure if he knew exactly how you were feeling and that its making you upset and stressed, he would help out a bit more.

Thinking of you - chin up sweetie,

Zxx
  • Options
    Thanks for lovely reply, yes will chat to him. I feel worse in the mornings, after being up for a while I do tend to relax and feel less tired. It is just hard getting up, yet my little girl is so cute I can't be mad at her. thanks again for listening to my moans xxx
  • Options
    \Hi roo,

My dh is the same he never gets up woth the kids or offers to help out and it is really begining to bug me I can't remember the last time I had a lie in! So I know how your feeling i'm also waking in the night due to sore hips so I understadn how shattered you feel big hugs x
  • Options
    Poor you Roo!

It's so hard just getting out of bed right now isn't it? I find myself putting off the middle of the night pee stops until I'm bursting (which can't be good for me) just because it's so hard to get up!

MisterG had too much caffeine before going to bed last night, so he got up twice with MissG even though I'm usually on shift midweek image Methinks I'll just go and offer him a coffee!!!

Try suggesting taking Sat/Sun turns about with your OH so that you can both get at least one lie in.

xx