Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I seriously need to get organised

I'm 35+1 now and starting to panic as I am still so disorganised. Still haven't finished clearing spare room for my son to move into and then the bed needs to be put together, luckily the other furniture is ready assembled which was a good choice made by me, need to get him a bookshelf and some toy storage.

Still need to get my bedroom organised as we have been clearing out lots of old clothes etc as my room seems to just be full of clean clothes that don't fit in anywhere. I've already over the last couple of months taken at least 8 sacks of clothes to charity shops but my room just looks the same and I need to get the moses basket set up etc.

Still need to get a baby car seat and a bit more baby clothes washing done too

My OH has been working really hard the last few weeks and for 2 weeks has been working overtime and not getting home till late and he worked saturday this weekend too so just seem to have so little time to do things.

Oh I know it will all come together but I'm just stressing now. I'm not expecting to go into labour early or anything bu even so 5 weeks to go seems like absolutely no time at all image

Replies

• Options
    you'll get there, 5 weeks is a while yet, esp if your impatiently waiting!
  • Options
    you'll be sorted in the end and if baby comes early then your other half will be able to sort the rest!

Just write a list and work through it, I would say car seat is most important as most hospitals won't let you leave without one.

Enjoy! I got organised too soon this time (as my DD arrived at 36 weeks) and have packed and repacked my hospital bags lots of times as I am too excited and have nothing left to organise....

xxxx
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, I think I will write a list, see exactly what I'm worrying about, probably find its not as bad as I'm thinking
  • Options
    Try not to worry too much. We have been staying with my mum, waiting to move into our new place so we have stuff stored here and at MIL's too. We're moving this weekend and will finally have everything in one place to check we have everything!

I'm so excited about unpacking the baby stuff, I think we have everything we need but have a feeling when everything is together I'll realise there's something missing!

Don't worry - there's still time to get any bits you're missing, but a list is definitely the answer! image