Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

DUE DATE!!!!!

WOW 40 weeks... that sounds so weird seeing with my DD I had a 4 week old baby by this point (she came at 36 weeks).

Still no signs, he is wiggling away this morning loads - is that a sign? or is he just reminding me he is happy and snug in there and is not coming out any time soon????

I have a sweep booked for Monday 4th, then induction/c-sec on the 11th so at least it is only 12/13 days at the MOST until we meet out little boy... weird!

I hope you are all ok?

hopefully we'll be getting more and more BA coming as we move into July!!!!!

Replies

• Options
    I hope you're not kept waiting too long!

I was wondering about what the movements are like when it comes near the end I just assume for some reason they wouldn't move much at the end - but logically I don't know why I think they would stop moving!
  • Options
    well the movements have definitely slowed down and are way less vigorous, this baby has been really 'kicky' since about 20 weeks. I have never had painful kicks throughout this whole pregnancy though, none of those upwards rib cage ones at all which I know is very lucky!

The past week mainly it has slowed down a lot, but I am still feeling movements, just more pokes rather than kicks, it is like he is stretching his legs in there!

I imagine everyone is different though with nearing the end. x
  • Options
    hope you not kept waiting too long, 15 days left for me! i asked the midwife about movement near labour and she said it varies x
  • Options
    Hope you're not waiting too much longer Roo! My due date is this Sunday, am doing all I can to help things along, no such luck at the mo tho - guess when she's ready she will make an appearance!

Zxx
  • Options
    still no signs...

I have tried everything too (including naughty business which is quite a challenge!!!!) except curry as I have such a sweet tooth the thought of curry makes me feel sick.

Nothing working.... image I want to meet my little man
  • Options
    Bless you, we did "naughty business" last night, sooooo not easy any more! Just had a hot curry too. Now about to bounce on my ball for a while! Come on Mini Z!

Zxx
  • Options
    Hope something starts soon for you roo and you too zls - I've still got 19 days to go! We also STD last night hubby says I'm only using him lol! It reminded me of ttc all over again apart from being a lot more tricky! Keep us posted x