Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Soothing Baby

Hi, I know there's not many of us over here yet, but any advice on how to soothe your little one when you have tried everything? Fresh nappy, enough food, winded etc... Jazzie seems quite grissly today and I don't know what else to try. Feeling pretty helpless!! Aggghhh!! Have stripped off a layer as thought she might be too hot, but that hasn't worked either.....

Zxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

not sure I have any good advice to offer but my HV always said that if you have fed, winded, cuddled, changed nappy and cuddled again and they are still crying then maybe they just want to have a little moan. If you have met all their needs then sometimes they just want to cry for a little bit.

It could be colic, so you could try that colief stuff or whatever it's called (gripe water is it???) before a feed?

I am sure you are doing an absolutely amazing job, this new born baby business is really hard work, and being tired beyond exhaustion is tough. With my first I found week 4 the hardest as the honeymoon period came to an end and real life kicked in, then within a few weeks it was wonderful and got easier and easier and better and better. Remember hormones are still settling down and that doesn't help with feeling tired.

I hope she settled well for you in the end, big hugs xxxxxxx
  • Options
    Thanks for replying Roo. Hope you doing ok?

I have just downloaded a "white noise" CD from iTunes, it has vacuum noise, hair dryer, shower running etc. Thought I would give it a go, as someone I know swears by it!!

Will keep you posted!

Zxx
  • Options
    oh what a good idea! I'll remember that one for it I need it (or should I say when!!)

Things here going well but very very tiring. It is all coming back to me this feeling of tiredness! It is amazing and exhausting all in one, a really special and magical time, I know how lucky I am and never want to moan yet it is very draining some days!

My mum is here too helping out which is utterly kind of her and she is cooking and doing my washing etc, the only problem is I am usually so independent and am struggling accepting help, I am hormonal and tired so then I'm getting a little short with her. Oh dear! Bad mix!

Hope I am making sense this lack of sleep gives me definite baby brain!

I hope the CD works for you!

let us know how it goes xxx
  • Options
    Hi Roo - the white noise was a hit!! Not only for her, but me too lol! Hope it lasts though!!

I'm glad you have some help with your mum staying with you, I know what you mean tho about being independent, but having to now rely on some help, not always easy. I sometimes think I am too proud to ask for help...

Take it easy sweetie,

Zxx

PS we have the health visitor round later today to do Jazzie's tests, hope it all goes ok and she behaves!!