Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Reusable nappy users: how are we getting on?

I love love love my resuable nappies. Just wondered how other cloth users are getting on with them.

My faves from my ever growing collection so far are the Totsbots, Bumgenius, Blueberries and Helmis. I also love my issybears but they are still a bit big for William.

Replies

• Options
    i havent started yet as we are working our way through our disposables until she is big enough for them, she has very skiny legs and very explosive poos so want them to fit snug before using them :lol:
  • Options
    Washing loads!!!

I'm an existing Bambino Mio user with MissG and have used them on Zak since we got home from the hospital the day after he was born, so I'm also loving being able to enjoy the benefits of reusing our initial purchase on baby 2 as planned!!

I'm just finding (as was inevitable) that I'm putting on nappy loads much more often than before, because my buckets fill up much more quickly with two babies than one (no s##t sherlock!!).

xx
  • Options
    We haven't started using ours yet - Matilda has a skinny bum so in a few weeks hopefully they will fit better - can't wait to use them!
  • Options
    Hi ladies, sorry for the delay in replying, had a rough few nights.

William has skinny legs and is still quite tiny, but so far we've been lucky and haven't had any disasters with leaks. He's outgrown the cute lil joey nappies he started off in and the newborn bumgenius, which don't seem to go up to the full weight suggested, as he's only about 9lbs at the moment!

The totbots teenyfits just fit him still, but I figure they'll be outgrown in another couple of weeks. Glad I didn't spend too much on the special newborn sizes, as the rest of my stash largely consists of birth to potty one-sized nappies, which are fitting him nicely on the smallest settings.

Really glad I got a selection of brands because I'm finding out what works best for different situations.

MissusG: totally sympathise with the washing. We do a nappy wash every other day, but with two children it would certainly be an everyday event! So nice to be using them a second time though - that's exactly my plan if we have another.