Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sleeping through....

Iam so very proud of Phoebe as she is sleeping through the night. She is asleep by 8pm and for the last two nights has been waking at 7:30 am. How fantastic is that as she isn't even 11 weeks image

We even went away for the weekend and she managed it in a strange hotel room she is such a clever girl!

Replies

• Options
    i am of course very happy for you, well done phoebe!

however i am a little (maybe a lot) bit jealous!!!!! finley is a terrible sleeper, he currently goes from about 8.30pm - 1am, then till 4am when he's then awake for the day! he snacks and naps from 4am - 9am.... i am SHATTERED!!!!!!

TIPS WELCOME????????????
  • Options
    Phoebe has been in a routine now from 6 weeks, starting with bath, pyjamas and then a night time feed. She has been in her own room from 6 weeks as well. I have pushed her in to feeding every 4 hours and initially she did wake for a feed at 4am but as she has stopped crying for food we have left her and she has managed to go through.

Iam exclusively breastfeeding and make sure she has a good 30-40 minute feed. I never speak to her at her night time feed at 7pm and do it pretty much in the dark so she knows the difference. She does stir in the night which we can hear on the monitor but we leave her to settle herself....

Good luck

xxxx
  • Options
    Thats brilliant, you lucky thing! My Phoebe sleeps from 8-2.30, then 3.30 until 5.30. She only starts to stir at 5.30 and doesnt want to be awake (she doesnt cry) but of course I cant sleep at all! xx
  • Options
    Wow! Good for you and Phoebe.

Very jealous too! I wasn't expecting my wee man to be able to go through the night while BF, but you've shown it's possible.

We had MissG going through the night from really early on, but she was mostly formula fed at this stage. We also have a good night time routine and make night time quiet etc. It worked for MissG, but not so much for MasterG image He's a good sleeper, but still wakes up to feed.

Hope it continues for you.

xx
  • Options
    jelous mummy alert! jasmine sleeps 7pm until 10:30 then until 2am then until 5am then 7am image we did have a 3am instead of the 2 and 5 but thats been gone a week!
  • Options
    Wow, I'm really impressed. DS has a bath, pyjama, feed routine but struggles to settle between 7 and 8:30pm, he then feeds again around 9ish and goes down by 9:30/10pm until 3:30am ish. He then goes down until 6:30ish.

DS is still in our room in a crib, and I was thinking he'd still be in with us for another month.

I'm intrigued as tgo how you get her to havea long feed in the night, DS only manages 20 mins max. I wonder whether i should break his night feed up by changing him halfway so tha he wakes up again and hopefully takes a bit more milk.

• Options
    Jealous too. My DD now 3 was a fantastic sleeper- went through the night from about 8 weeks... my DS now 12 weeks- different ball game! Bed time routine still nailed- down brilliantly by 7pm every night, stirs for a bottle at 10pm, then another around 2am and then restless from 5am... that is a good night!!

As I've said before though he doesn't eat well and I think that is the cause of his restlessness. I will be definitely be starting him on rice at 4 months... 4 weeks to go! Matchsticks in eyes continue :roll:
  • Options
    We are really lucky too - Ella has been sleeping through the night for a while now. She loves her sleep :lol:

She has her last bottle at about 6.30 and then is sooo ready for bed and goes down at 7pm then we don't hear a peep out of her until about 6.30/7am

It can be a nightmare trying to get all of her feeds in though during the day....

• Options
    That's great news Shelley. Jazmine is pretty good. I think we had 4 nights a while ago where she slept for 9 hours solid!! However, now its bed around 8pm.....wakes around 2-3am, another bottle, straight back down and wakes around 7-8am. Can't really complain... Am hoping she will drop the early feed sometime soon and sleep straight through again!

Zxx

PS - did you take a travel cot away with you??
  • Options
    Hi

Z yes we took our own travel cot and filled it with Phoebes bits and pieces that are in her cot bed. I even took the spare roll of her wallpaper to put on the inside of the cot as she loves to look at the pictures of the parrots!

RS24..... She generally feeds that long on her own accord. I can tell when she is genuinely full as she falls off me and the excess milk is all down her chin. If I feel that she is using me as a comforter I will gently blow on her face, or pull her off and put her back on again. The best thing I did was to put her in her cot in her own room (from 6 weeks) and stuck with the routine. At first she would cry for an hour but that soon passed.

She was feeding at 4am but she has dropped that by herself and sleeps through.
  • Options
    That's great! My Phoebe has been sleeping through since about 7 weeks when we moved her into her own room. She has been known to sleep for 12 hours at night but regularly manages about 10. She doesn't sleep much during the day but that's fine by me!