Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

kick starting this forum!

Hi. Rebekah is 16 weeks now and getting her 3rd set of injections on Thursday. After the last 2 she was a bit off for a few days but was fine then so fingers crossed for this one as well. She got weighed at 14 weeks and was 10lb 14oz so getting her weighed at 18 weeks again. She is sleeping through the night for over 2 weeks now so its great. She has her last bottle anytime between 9 and 11ish and that is her until her next bottle at approx 8am. She might stir a bit during the night so I give her the dummy and thats her over again I don't mind this at all. She is a very content baby.

Replies

• Options
    Hi Alfie & Louise!

My baby Thomas is 8 weeks now too! Hes 12lb 2oz, Hes just starting to smile which is gorgeous! I think i underestimated how hectic life would be with 3 boys but i love it! Thomas is generally waking twice in the night but last night it was only once so im hoping its a sign of things to come! xx
  • Options
    Alfie - How did the first set of injections go?

You both have 2 big boys lol. Rebekah is really fine but long.
  • Options
    Hi. I am bottlefeeding and I done this with my first daughter as well. I have 2 girls and I think they will be great company for each other. Kara was 4 in September. Rebekah has her last set of injections today and she cried so sore. They get 3 at their 3rd set. You just feel so sorry for them. The last injections she was a bit irritable the next day and went off her bottles a bit for a few days but nothing major. I am getting used to having 2 and that is more than enough for me. I have grey hair at 31 and I am actually going to dye it now again before I go into my work and visit them tomorrow lol.
  • Options
    Hi Alfie!

Wow Henry is a little whopper bless him! Charlie is now 10 weeks and was 13lb 4 at 7+6!

He's a little cherub and is now sleeping from 10pm-8am which has totally surprised me! Like you, absolutely loving mummyhood! How is your hubby? Is daddyhood suiting him?xxx
  • Options
    hello!

christopher is now 11 weeks and was 14 lb 15oz at 10 weeks and one day. another fatty image hes very long for his age too though. this is up from 6 lb 11 oz at birth though so hes a champion in the growth department lol. hes also exclusively breastfed. he slept from 10pm-5am ish and then again till 7-8am from 10 weeks for 5 nights in a row and for the past 3 nights has been waking again so not too pleased and hoping itll pass but oh well.

i love being a mommy as well and when he wakes up and smiles at me its the best feeling in the whole world! despite the discomforts of pregnancy, the pain of labour and birth, and the sleepless night and hard work i sooo cant wait to have another one! anybody else going to have another (or third or fourth)? if so when are you thinking? xx
  • Options
    lol yeah every time we get him weighed im shocked at how big hes getting! i was a really really fat baby though (now a size 6-8) and hubby is really tall so hes got the best of both of us image im jst sad hes growing out of his teeny clothes so fast!

i had a really easy pregnanxy and a very straighforward although fast and intense birth and i said after 2 days and still in hospital that i would totally do it again lol. despite how hard it was (and i was a mess those first weeks!) i love every minute and really really look fwd to having another newborn. ideally id like 2-3 years age gap.
  • Options
    yes i think itll be reeeeaaaally hard work but i figure its only af ew weeks thats really difficult and then it settles down. my 11 week old boy usually has 6 feeds a day, 5 during the day and one at night so thats every 4 h on average. not too bad i think.
  • Options
    There are 3 years 9 months between my 2 and I think it is a nice gap and it hopefullly will be better as they grow older and are able to play with each other.
  • Options
    Hello Ladies! I've not been on for ages - just don't know where the time goes!!

It sounds as though everyone is doing really well, babies gaining brilliantly & motherhood suiting all image .

I just love being mum to Angus. He is such a star & is full of smiles which make me melt! He's 11 weeks tomorrow & when last weighed 10 days ago weighed 12lb 12.5oz so very happy with that! He's exclusively breast fed and will take expressed milk in a bottle happily. My husband and I have been out for dinner this week to celebrate our anniversary & I have been out with a friend once. Both were very successful. He tends to go down in crib around 9pm (it was much later and took several attempts so we brought it forward & began using a dummy to help him sooth as he would work himself up into such a state & then wanted to be nursed back to sleep!), he then feeds anything from 4-7 hours later (a pattern is slowly emerging) before going back to sleep until 7-8am. I'm quite happy with this as it is real progress & we intend to gradually bring bedtime to 7pm. I just love his character, he's very headstrong, loves music, bathtime & cuddles image

As for more children. We think we'll start trying again this time next year and assume it could take awhile but if it happens quickly we'll consider ourselves blessed. I guess the whole feeding with a toddler around would be tiring but somehow we would manage!

So pleased to hear all is going well for you ladies. Look forward to more updates.

Linds x
  • Options
    Hi Alfie,

Sounds like you & Henry are doing really well & that he is a very happy boy!

As far as bottles/teats go we've been using Tommee Tippee ones and first stage Avent ones (all either given to me new or came with pump/sterilizer). To be honest I didn't give a great deal of thought to which ones to use I just went with what we had. Perhaps I should have given it more thought-ooops! We didn't try Angus with a bottle until about 6 or 7 weeks, my husband always gives it to him (or friend who babysat the other night) so maybe that helps as can't smell milk etc. We wondered if we would have left it too late but Angus is a really guzzling feeder & didn't seem too bothered as long as milk was involved :lol: . I would just persevere with trying as I'm sure Henry will take it with practise. It's good to know you have the option of expressing & bottle feeding. It might be worth asking around the forum regarding different teats? Try not to feel upset as though he feels rejected, he will know you love him from all the lovely things you do for him. It is hard though, I feel upset if Angus so much as cries real tears over the smallest thing even when one of us is with him!!

We still have ongoing reflux issues but these have improved in that he is sick less frequently & seems in less pain. That said some days are better than others.

Baby massage sounds fab. I have details of two groups in my area & was hoping to sign up for a course but it may be the new year as we are away for a week in DEcember & I would hate to miss a week if we're paying for it.

I know what you mean about trying for another baby, a year seems really soon but I suppose we're thinking I'll be 36 by the time we start trying & if it takes at least the average time to get pregnant then I could be 37+ when baby would be born & I would possibly like a third!! (this is not set in stone obviously!)

Hope your bottle feeding takes off! Keep us updated.

Linds x

P.S. What happens when they get rid of the due in August forum?