Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hooray weight gain finally...

Phoebe was back at the HV to be weighed on Tuesday (I couldn't go as was desperately ill in bed) and hubby came back with GREAT news....

My chunky monkey had put on 110z in a week!!!!

I've been BF every 3 hours and expressing 6oz for a dream feed for the last week and its paid off Im so pleased image

Ive decided to replace the dream feed with formula to take the pressure off a little as want her to continue to grow.....

imageimageimage

Replies

• Options
    that's great news, well done you and phoebe! you must be relieved all your hard work has paid off.

We combine fed from about 4 weeks with one bottle of formula in the evening and finley was fine with it.

I'm now replacing feeds with formula and it's going really well so far. I am sad to be stopping breast feeding but also excited to get my body back.

Good luck with replacing her expressed bottle with formula, sure she'll be fine xx
  • Options
    I am so pleased for you to see some improvement and all your hard work paying off!!

Something is definitely working that is an amazing weight gain! image xx
  • Options
    Fantastic! Glad she's on the up.

xx
  • Options
    Great news, well done you- all paying off. Hope you are better, desperately ill in bed does not sound good? image X
  • Options
    That's great news - yay!! Zxx
  • Options
    Thanx all

xxxxx
  • Options
    bet your so proud, well done you image

hope you get better soon x