Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Recovery

Hi everyone

I was just wondering how everyone's recovery is going after giving birth? I have been having a bit of a tough time of it - still in a lot of pain image

I went to the docs and he has now refered me to the gynacologist for further investigation, but it is taking sooo long and I am getting really fed up waiting! It has been 16 weeks since I had Ella and I did think that I would be feeling a little bit more like myself by now. My OH is being very patient with me, but it must be horrid for him too having to wait I feel bad! Anyone else struggling?

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

sorry to hear you are having such a tough recovery. I'm pleased you are at least getting some support from the dr and being referred, hopefully it won't be too much longer for you to wait.

I had a c-sec so it's a bit different recovery wise. However, if it reassures you a bit - you're certainly not the only one making hubby wait. We have 'done the deed' (sorry TMI?) a few times but it hurts so much. I've only just stopped breast feeding and as of a few days ago am back on the pill so I'm giving myself a few more months before I go ask the dr. It feels like my insides are being scraped with a razor. It is horrible. I always enjoyed sex but now I can't think of anything worse. Maybe it was because of breastfeeding and hormones making me really dry, I hope it settles...

I hope it all settles for you soon and you get some support/answers/advice soon.

Our poor bodies do get a little beaten up with pregnancy and birth don't they!? x
  • Options
    Hi, sorry to hear you are still in pain, that's not good.

I know what you mean about playing the waiting game!! Is there any way you can try and chase things up?? Sometimes you just have to keep on phoning to get anywhere!!

Healing wise since giving birth I am fine. Its just my periods that are all over the place. I have just had a 43 day cycle, then have now been on for 2 weeks!! Am going back to docs myself next week to see what's going on! OH being patient with me too image

Zxx
  • Options
    Sorry to hear you are having a tough time with the healing.

I had a rough birth and have only been feeling myself the past week or so. I still have pain when I do a number 2 (sorry tmi - 4th degree tear) and haven't been brave enough to do the deed. Poor hubby is putting up with me but I think it must be hard for him.

I had a check up last week and I am apparently very well repaired by the surgery and the doctor says everything is well healed. I still feel the strain sometimes when I try and exercise etc. Guess it's a lot of trauma for our bodies.

I hope your referral comes through soon and they can sort things for you x
  • Options
    I feel so lucky because despite Phoebe being a 7lb15oz chunk I didnt tear or anything. I had a little graze but that healed really quickly. Hubby and I ressumed normal relations about 8 weeks after but things still do feel a little tender. My female friends say it takes about a year for everthing to feel normal again x
  • Options
    Im glad Im not the only one...

Since Phoebe was born (16 weeks ago) Ive done the deed 3 times and each time was painful and just didn't feel right as though hubby was too big for me (he wishes i assured him it was me and not him lol)

I too am suffering from bottom pain when i go to the loo and bleed every time image hopefully it will get back to normal soon.
  • Options
    Thank you for your replies, it makes me feel so much better to know that others are going through similar.

I guess I was so focused on the birth itself that I didn't really think too much about the recovery or expect it to last this long! Our bodies certainly do take a battering!

I will chase the referral up today I think to see if I can get things moving. I hope your recoveries continue to go well.......x
  • Options
    Coming in late on the conversation but I do really feel you are doing absolutely the right thing getting it looked into further... it does seem a long time to be feeling so sore. I've had 2 sections so can't comment too much (my body just doesn't dilate!!) but I am def starting to feel like me again now... really really hope you feel better soon. On the hubby front it wont do him any harm to wait- he'll really appreciate you when you're back to good old self again!! X
  • Options
    Hi mb78, just wondered how you were getting on now? Have to say I have been feeling much better these days, although I confess I have still to bite the bullet and dtd but I'm optimistic that it'll be ok when I do!