Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Enjoy every moment...

Hey ladies,

I have been having moments lately of realisation. Having already got a 3 year old DD and now my 19 week DS I know only too well how quickly the time goes. Recently I have found myself appreciating every hug, snuggle, time he falls asleep on me, smile, giggle etc moment with my DS to an extent I never did with my DD. Don't get me wrong I adore both equally I just know how quickly it is going to come around that he wont be a baby any more and I don't think I realised that with my DD. I think this is magnified by the fact that I 100% know we don't want any more and I feel I have to cherish every minute. Cheezy I know but I just wondered is anyone else feeling like this, makes me a ache! Don't get me wrong I'll prob be on here again tomorrow ripping my hair out for lack of sleep, just the past week it has come over me how quickly it is going.

Replies

• Options
    Hi there, what a lovely post...and oh so true!

Jazmine is growing up fast and I notice a little change in her almost daily! She definitely feels less babyish now and growing up to be a beautiful little girl.

I definitely treasure every smile and giggle and cuddle from her.

Zxx
  • Options
    I feel the same... I think Finley will be my last. It is going so fast and at the moment I am loving him so much. Every cuddle, giggle and smile makes my heart melt, when he sleeps I want to pick him up and squeeze him tight! I of course adore my daughter too, and I love watching them interact with each other. Such a special time... love it! x
  • Options
    That's lovely! I have to say being a first time Mum people kept saying to me about how quickly they grow and change and I didn't realise how true it was. I look and Matilda sometimes and think I can't believe it's 4 months since she was - she's really not that tiny baby any more. So much personality and attitude :lol: am trying to drink everything in, and when we have a day where we are getting frustrated with each other she'll give me a little smile and I just melt image
  • Options
    This is so true! Phoebe is 21 weeks tomorrow and growi g up do quickly. I frighten myself sometimes with my love for her. I had a bit of a panic the other day as the realisation that in 6 weeks I'm back at work for a 6 week course. The thought of leaving phoebe at nursery made me feel sick to the poi t that I nearly cancelled my course! Hubby talked some sense into me.

I'm looking forward to Xmas and am going to cherish every single moment with my gorgeous little girl x