Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in July 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Not Rolling Over...

Hey Ladies,

I know most of your little ones are probably all rolling over happily by now but my DS is not! He happily gets himself onto his side but doesn't push himself any more than that. Had a look at some 'milestone' sites and they say it's not a worry until they're 7 months + but to be honest I'm sure my DD at 19 weeks was doing it by now. Sure I am being silly- he's very alert, smiley and giggly, he is holding toys and chewing them and is def progressing his motor neurone skills but wondered is anyone else in the same boat? I do wonder if its our house that hinders him a bit, we have wood floor throughout downstairs so if hes down with me he tends to be either being held or in his bouncy chair- I am trying to spend more time upstairs where its carpeted and he can have a kick about but he is quite content then just to chat away and coo at me!!

Sure hes just being lazy... definitely going to blame his daddy for that one! :lol: X

Replies

• Options
    Freya is exactly the same, pushing herself on to her side and not alot else, just giving her lots of tummy time etc.

not particuarly worried about it, she gets fustraited with herself because she wants to do more :lol:

shes a very chatty, bubbly and smiles loads so just following her lead and she'll do it when shes ready i guess... image

x x
  • Options
    My DS isn't anywhere near rolling over, he doesn't even push himself onto his side and he doesn't play with his feet to start the momentum. If the milestones say 7 months then I'm not worried! x
  • Options
    Jazmine is 19w today and not rolling over either. She can roll on her side (she sleeps on her side actually), but that seems as far as she will go. I guess it will happen when she's ready. image

Zx
  • Options
    Phoebe is 18 weeks and has no signs of rolling over. She is good on her tummy and does push herself up. She is trying to sit up on her own but i still think we are a long way off. Im not worried though as she is bright and alert and loves to reach for her toys.
  • Options
    Phoebe has only rolled over both ways once, the rest of the time she spends sricking her legs in the air like a frog! x
  • Options
    try not to worry - they are all so different!

My DD didn't roll until she was 8 months (having tried for ages she finally cracked it!)

and Finley rolled at 16 weeks and won't stop rolling now, totally different!

enjoy them while they are still!!!! xxxx
  • Options
    sorry g/c from the home page- my DD didnt roll over til she was 10 months - the HV said if she could sit she was capable of rolling just lazy lol. Very true as she didnt crawl til 13 months and at 16 months we're still waiting for walking x
  • Options
    Thanks ladies... Its not like me really to worry about milestones I just felt at 19 weeks he should be a bit more bothered!! Feeling better hearing from you all and I'll just let him get on with it! Hope everyone and babies are all well? X
  • Options
    I was so excited when Matilda rolled over a few weeks ago. She did it a couple of times and I was amazed... but she hasn't done it since so I think it was an accident!

When I mentioned it to my Mum she said all babies are different and develop differently. Some babies will never crawl for instance whereas others will be so good at crawling they don't bother walking for ages etc so I am going to try and bear that in mind when I think other babies are ahead etc.

I bear it in mind every time MIL says anything like 'all of mine slept through by 3 months' :lol: