Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

BDing once pregnant?

I'm slightly ashamed to say there has been no bd since we found out I am pregnant. I think this has been mutual with oh and me both avoiding it. Currently 7+2 and this is my first pregnancy. I think this stems from an illogical worry that the baby might detach or something! I suppose it just boils down to the fact that if I did mc, I would wonder if it was because of something I might have done differently.

Can anyone reassure me that these worries are normal? Is anyone else in the same boat, and does anyone have any advice?

Replies

• Options
    Hi woluk, I am totally with you there!! I have found it difficult to "feel in the mood" because I have been petrified that it cause a problem. I know it is stupid and everythig I have read says it is fine but me and DH have agreed to wait til the scan xx
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat!!

I had a mc with first pregnancy so not taking any chances with this one!! Not that having sex when pg is dangerous but I did read that if u have a history of mc it might be best to avoid it until 12 weeks.

Hubby is just so happy we're pg he doesn't seen to care (it took us 13 months). Although we are still keeping each other 'happy' if u know what I mean!! image

I'd say do it if u want to but if your going to worry about it u won't enjoy it so no point.
  • Options
    I have read that it's perfectly safe. Personally though I have felt so awful since then I havnt felt like it at all, hubby understands, hopefully by the scan i'l have my libido back!
  • Options
    We haven't yet but think we might soon. My DH goes off it as soon as I'm showing so need to get a bit of action in before the dry spell!
  • Options
    G/C but wanted to reassure you that it is perfectly normal to feel a loss of sex drive during pregnancy (or even an increase depending on how your hormones react). Fears of harming your growing baby are common amongst both partners but you can rest assured that baby is well cushioned in there should you wish to get a bit passionate. A plus side, baby actually enjoys your orgasms and you may find them more intense and longer lasting whilst pregnant, enjoy.
  • Options
    We've only bd once , cos of mid cycle spotting I worried it might cause bleeding but so far so good image