Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Colouring your hair?

How many of you will continue to highlight or colour your hair while preg? My roots are starting to become horrendous and will really need to get the highlights done before all the Christmas parties start. Think I'll wait til I'm out of the first trimester though. Just wondering what others are doing?

Replies

• Options
    HI, g/c from due in march. I had my hair done yesterday with a natural gloss, at 18 + 3. I wasnt sure but like you wanted to wait until out of 1st trimeser. My hairdresser said it was fine but wouldn't do it without a new skin test as our sensitivity changes with the pregnancy hormones. I plan to get it done at new year + then 2wks before due date. Whatever you decide is right for you. Mum knows best! image
  • Options
    I was wondering the same thing!
  • Options
    G/C but coloured my hair during both my pregnancies. My friend who is a hairdresser says it's fine but does reccommend sensitivity testing as your skin becomes more sensitive through your pregnancy.
  • Options
    I had mine done at 6 weeks. Foil highlights. I read that was pretty safe as the colour doesn't really touch your skin. It turned out same as normal.
  • Options
    Hi g/c if you colour youyr hair it is fine to continue to colour during pregnancy, sometimes due to the hormones the colour will not be exactly as you wanted but it is safe, hope this helps xxx