Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Comfoosed - can you help?

hi all

firstly congratulations to you all on your BFP!

This is my second pregnancy as I have a DS who is 22 months.

I am currently 5+5 weeks and when I called my doctors they said they didnt need to see me until about 10 weeks so I am going at the end of November for I suppose what is my checking in appointment. Am just concerned that how are they going to do everything in time to get scan dates for 2 weeks later??

It all just seems so late - I saw my MW when I was about 5 weeks last time and got a date through for my scan quite soon after!

Have things changed now? Anyone else having these same time scales??

thx x :?

Replies

• Options
    Hi I am also PG with my second baby, my son is 21 months.

I have just had my booking appointment at 8 weeks and next is the scan at 12-13 weeks. I'm sure I saw mw first at 8 weeks with my son also. 5 weeks seems very early to me to see the midwife but I think it depends on area. I think 8-10 weeks is fine and it will be fine to organise the scan which is actually better if done at 13+ weeks for the downs syndrome screening.

My midwife did say with a second PG she will see me less if I had an uncomplicated first PG. I will next see her at 16 weeks, then 24, 30 and 34. That will be it unless I go overdue.
  • Options
    I'm also pregnant with my second and my dd is 20 months.

I was thinking of goin to the midwife at 8 weeks? Will I be told this is too early?