Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bitter taste?

Anyone else got a bitter taste in their mouth? I've had it on and off for a few weeks and now it's becoming more constant. I've swapped my bottle of water for ribena or coke but it's not gong away! Just wondered if anyone else had this in any of their pregnancies and if they knew what caused it?

Replies

• Options
    I keep having a bad taste in my mouth that is making me feel sick, but I have put it down to food and drink. I could be wrong though!! x
  • Options
    G/C but it could all be down to heightened sensitivity within your tastebuds. You have extra blood sent to your head whilst pregnant which can also cause headaches/runny noses/nosebleeds. Your hormones will also be changing which can affect taste/smell with things you've always loved suddenly becoming unbearable.
  • Options
    I had it last time and this time up until about 10 weeks. It was one of my main symptoms this time round tbh!! It eases if you are well hydrated and I too found that coke or squash helped more than water.