Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone hear their babys Heartbeat!!??

Hiya Ladies,

Just wondering if anyone has a heartbeat doppler? We bought the angelsounds off amazon. It came today but we cant find the heartbeat. Im 13+3 so thought we might of heard it at this stage. Anybody else not been able to find it! Think we have a stubborn baby :lol:

xx

Replies

• Options
    I found this one at 10 weeks but didn't find dd til 20 weeks lol. I have a posterior placenta this time and had anterior last time (not sure if that makes a difference). Also you should be looking really low down (almost the hairline) lying totally flat with a full bladder for best results x
  • Options
    I ordered hubby a Doppler for Xmas and it hasn't arrived :cry:

Mw heard hb at 11 weeks then again this week at 16 weeks. It was much lower down than I thought like mummy to grace said.

She pressed quite hard and said u had to be lying flat. The position of the placenta can also have an affect too.

Hope u find it soon x
  • Options
    I got an angel sounds Doppler! I love it image DDs face lit up the first time I let her hear the baby.

Agree with the others, it was much lower down than I expected. Also, I found the HB (after a while) the first and second time I used it, the third I couldn't find it at all. If I talk or move after finding it, I have to find it again!

So far, I have found baby tends to be just off centre, very close to the hairline as mentioned above, and sometimes I need to point it down as well.

It's the best sound ever isn't it? Xx
  • Options
    I first heard mine at 16 weeks as a colleague at work kindly did it with a hand held for me!
  • Options
    OMG thanx for the replies and advice ladies!! Heard my babies heartbeat last night, so did hubs and dd!! it was amazing. i was in the wrong place :lol:

found it along hairline slightly to the left so thanx again ladies xxxxx
  • Options
    Yay! Glad u found it! Best sound ever! x
  • Options
    Very pleased for you MrsH, and well done for staying so calm! I didn't get one before now because I knew I'd drive myself insane if I couldn't find it and would run screaming to the nearest maternity unit demanding scans like something possessed! Bit more laid back this time haha xx
  • Options
    We got to hear our little train on Monday (12+5) for the first time - SO exciting! Hubby found it literally straight away- He just put the doppler on and there it was!!! image He then felt for my pulse and moved the doppler about just in case but it was definitely it! Let my mum, my sister and our son have a listen, but he just quickly tried to get the headphones off :lol:

Such an amazing sound! Will have to get my own doppler back (was using my sister's) off my pregnant friend... She doesn't need it anymore as she's 30weeks now!