Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

For those of us with Yellow bumps...

I thought I would start a thread for those of us who dont know the gender where we can put what our prediction of the sex and what the old wives tales would predict and then can see how accurate we all were when we have our little ones!

Prediction: Boy

Old Wives: Mixed but majority Boy

(ps I thought dd was a boy - so my guessing has proved 100% inaccurate so far - although when pregnant with her I bought all neutral clothes except for 2 dresses! think as my husband is 1 of 4 boys made me think we would only have boys!)

Luc x

Replies

• Options
    Ooh I'm liking this idea!

Prediction - boy

Old wives - (only done one so far) girl, must get doing some more!

With DS I guessed boy and was right, ring test said girl, as did everyone else!

R xx
  • Options
    well you have been 100% accurate so far! the old wives tales are just a bit of fun, I like not knowing, its fun guessing! the ivillage chinese predictor was right for dd so will see if its right for this 1!

http://m.ivillage.com/chinese-gender-chart-0/6-a-144581

Luc x
  • Options
    Ooh I love this!

Prediction - really no idea! Hubby keeps calling my bump he so I'll go Boy

Old wives - I've done the Chinese chart which said Girl, one on baby centre which was too close to call and another gender prediction website that said Girl too!

Will try the wedding ring today and see what happens!

Oh and heartbeat is over 140 which I think point to a girl too?
  • Options
    Oooh, interesting! Chinese predictor says Girl, as does hubby. Lots of fun!! Xx
  • Options
    my hubby is convinced girl too! as he is quite a boys boy thought he would really want a boy but he loves his dd and says he wants another!(though I know he would be happy either way) most of my friends and family predict boy with me too though...

I think they say 140bpm or higher is a girl and also if sounds more like a galloping horse rather than a train???

Luc x
  • Options
    Oops, forgot my age and misread the Chinese predictor, so rechecked it and it says boy! X
  • Options
    Prediction : girl.

Chinese predictor - girl.

I guessed boy with DS and predictor said boy... Xx
  • Options
    I guessed right with my DS and i feel competely different this time so i'm thinking maybe girl but cannot wait to find out on labour day!! 8 weeks to go for me now i can't wait!!
  • Options
    It is getting closer and closer to finding out, will have to see how well we have guessed! x
  • Options
    I like this thread hehe

My prediction is boy

Old wives: boy

psyic (sp) prediction: boy

so u watch in June me announce its a girl lmao x
  • Options

any other yellow bumps want to make a prediction as shouldnt be too long until we start finding out!!! eek! x

• Options

Hmmmm this is our first and a yellow bump, hubs and i both reckon it's a boy, both my grandmas, my mum and my 3 sisters all had a boy first, i had no morning sickness, heartbeat sounded like a train and I developed PUPP just last week, which apparently some study showed that 70% of women with PUPP gave birth to a boy ??  Don't mind either way of course, but i think hubs was secretly hoping for a little girl, cos his nephews are all really quite badly behaved and his little neice just adores him and will fall asleep on his knee cuddled into him, he just melts image

• Options

sorry about the pupp, is it really uncomfortable and itchy? how many weeks have you got left? does it disappear as soon as you have given birth? hope so

Luc x

• Options

yip littleminxuk5, it's really really itchy, seems to be worse if i wear over the bump trousers, get too warm etc.  but over the weekend i wore a loose cotton top with under the bump jeans, used plenty of E45 and tried not to sratch and whilst it hasn't gone it has definately eased, thanks image  seen midwife this morning and she took bloods for liver function test to rule out cholestasis so fc.  but only 8 weeks to go, and then it should disppear after delivery, can't wait!!!!!

• Options

glad it has eased off a little bit, and you have found a way to make it less angry, bet the 8 weeks wont pass fast enough for you! x

• Options

well bump arrived on the 27th of May and my prediction and the majority of old wives tales for me were wrong, Eva is most definitely a pink bump! lovely to have a little sister for dd! lovely! xxx

• Options

congratulations ccarter! a beautiful girl! I too predicted boy, old wives tales said boy and I had a little girl too! eva was born on the 27th may, hope you are both doing well x

• Options
    Well hubby was right and most of the gender predictions were wrong. Ethan is definitely a boy!

Mind u wedding ring test said boy when all others said girl so may it's accurate?!