Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

4D Scans

Hello,

Just wondering how many of us are going to go for a 4D scan? I haven't quite decided on whether I will yet. A bit of me finds them strange, but then I also don't want to regret not having one!

Has any one had one before? Would you recommend it? When's the best time to have it done?

xx

Replies

• Options
    I dont think we will go for 1, we had a couple of private scans with dd and the experience of private vs nhs was immense! Ie the private scans were great (but tbh I think it really depends on your postcode for NHS as we have moved and NHS scans have been better than our previous NHS 1s) I think its a nice momento and another chance to see bean and you get more time in there etc guess its just a personal choice thing, what does oh think? Luc x
  • Options
    We have booked our 4d scan at Yeovil Hospital for the 26th April. We had one with our son (see pictures) and thought it was fab! Since we had an uncomplicated pregnancy we only had the 2 routine scans and I always thought it was a long wait from 20 weeks till you get to see your baby again at 40 weeks... Anyhoo, this time we are also desperate to find out the gender as baby was being shy at the 20 week scan. It costs ??65 and includes loads of pictures (no video, but we don't mind that). We also can bring our son along so he can meet his sibling image

It is a very personal thing though as some people are really freaked out by it whereas we are just fascinated!

That date can't come fast enough!!!

x

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2715/4359869716_824248f345.jpg

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4013/4359130295_45ce9a3cbe.jpg

• Options
    Oh yes, they recommend having them done between 26 - 30 weeks as they can get the best pictures before baby gets too big. My little man already was a bit squished in there at 29 weeks image

• Options
    I had a 4D scan yesterday and was amazed at the images/video!!! She looks exactly like her dad as a newborn! At one point she was sleeping with her legs crossed in the air, sucking her thumb image We got a deal on Groupon with Babyscan clinic on Harley Street, it should have cost ??290 but we paid ??90! Well worth every penny.

If I could figure out how to post images on here I would show you, more than happy to email the pics if you post your address.
  • Options
    I would love one but have too much other baby stuff to spend money on unfortunately. It must be amazing to see bubs in 3D as I've only ever had 2D scans and this time my pics were rubbish every time!
  • Options
    g/c We would like one but part of me thinks its nice to be suprosed what they look like when they are born.

However I am not sure I can wait another 20 weeks without seeing them again! :lol:

Money is also another thing, the money could go towards our savings as I only get stat mat pay and thats a huge drop for us.

I am tempted but not sure yet

xxx
  • Options
    I have gone for it and booked one.

Booked on hubby's 30th birthday.

So excited!

xx
  • Options
    Woo hoo! When is it booked for MrsGriff? X
  • Options
    29th March - i'll be 31 weeks then.

Not sure if I can wait that long though, i've been thinking about moving it forward all day!
  • Options
    It's a good midway point between your 20 week scan and due date though image but I'd be wanting it ASAP too!