Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Car seat placement with 2 children?

DD has always been passenger side. Do you think I should swap her to drivers side when the baby comes? What are you all doing? x

Replies

• Options
    I may have answered my own question here. DD needs foot room and the baby won't. OH is tall so when he drives he has the seat far back. Think DD will be staying where she is! x
  • Options
    Initially I put DD2 on passenger side as my car is a mini and the baby seat we had last time stuck out over the edge of the seat so actually took up more room than DD1's legs, therefore in the drivers seat you couldn't put the seat far enough back if the baby seat was behind you. Once DD2 was big enough for a forward facing seat I swapped them round as, with it being a 3 door car, it's easier to just open my door and have DD1 climb accross to her seat while I lift DD2 into her seat.

We obviously need a bigger car for number 3 but I may be stuck in my current deal til October which will mean DD1 in the front seat and prob baby behind her due to the legroom issue again. When we swap to a larger car (that the whole family can actually fit in!!), DD1 will go in the middle and I'll probably put baby on the driver side and DD2 on the passenger side image