Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

BA Eva Sofi

Well Eva Sofia has finally arrived weighing in at 8lb 4oz on the 27th May, was due on the 10th June had a c section booked for the 7th but this little lady wasnt waiting around she obviously didnt want to miss the jubilee!

I am not sure if a vigourous walk to see the olympic torch on the friday or if blowing up the paddling pool for dd might have started me off early, but either way even early she was still a very healthy weight and very ready for the world!

I sat down to play with dd in the garden and felt a little gush around 4.30 (to be honest didnt think I had peed but in the heat and in my mind doubt set in) I went in to see if more came out and seemed to flow abit when I went to the loo, called mum and dad so they could look after dd and phoned hospital, they said to lie down and phone back in an hour, when I phoned back I was told I couldnt be seen till the following morning, I said I wasnt happy with that so they told me to come in after 9.30pm as no one could see me till then. by the time I had got to the hospital the contractions were getting stronger and closer, they confirmed waters had gone, and I just had to make the choice as to if to proceed with a section as was only 2 cm had time as the baby was not engaged and still seemed really high and was back to back decided to go for a section. so they prepped me for theatre and that was that!

Last pregnancy I had an emergency and was all a bit of a blur, but was nice to be aware this time of what was going on, I remember them showing me her for the 1st time was amazing (had missed this with dd as they didnt lift her up to show me and it was a while before I even got to see her and I didnt even know if she was a girl or boy!) so before surgey I asked them if they could tell me straight away, and it wasnt long from when she was born to getting to hold her, as soon as she was in my arms was such a special moment and felt amazing. I got to have skin to skin and enjoy eva from the start!

Eva seemed keen to feed and we spent the night having skin to skin, really magical, could hardly sleep as had to keep checking she was there and that I hadnt dreamt it as she was earlier than I thought!

home now and settling as a family of 4!

Hope you are all doing well Luc xxx

Replies