Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Jun 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Weight Loss

How did you ladies go about losing weight? I managed to get back into my pre-preggers jeans after 4 days, but would like to lose more. I'm not able to to swimming or to a gym, etc mainly because of the cost and the thought of trying to take both kids out for a walk sends shivers down my spine.

I've resorted to just missing meals now. My worry is that my 3 yo daughter has started to notice and i have managed to fob her off by saying that im busy with the new baby. I just dont know how else to go about losing weight. Im big and repulsive and feel so down about the way i look.

Replies

• Options

well done for getting back into your pre preggers jeans, wish I was! I had 4 stone to loose just over half way there now, missing meals must make you exhausted, and would say its probably not doing your body much good, could you try portion control, cutting out any empty calories? I know you say you dont want to walk, but ive found it a great help. I have also cut out the majority of wheat (its not for everyone but personally makes me bloated) also found breast feeding helps. if you want the weight to stay off a more gradual loss should be more sustainable. sorry you are feeling rubbish about the way you look, it can be hard after having children as really knocks your confidence because pregnancy changes your body so much. wish i could be more help Luc x