Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

do you get out much...

Some weeks i feel like we do nothing!

I try and get out and about with zac as much as poss but we don't do many of the group things and as i don't have many friends with babies locally sometimes it gets a bit lonely! Am I the only one feeling like this?

In some ways i don't mind it being just me and my boy but other days I get a bit down about it - then feel guilty that I'm thinking negatively as this precious time will soon be over once I have to go back to work!!

I go to a post natal group on a monday (run by hv's) which is good but thats it really - do you go to many things like that/mix with other mums and babys??? I live in the sticks so to go anywhere (even a walk round the shops) i have to drive somewhere....

Zac's swimming lessons end next week but i am going to carry on taking him but jus to the casual sessions rather than lessons....

sometimes the highlight of our week is the weekly shop at asda!

i feel bad that zac is maybe missing out on mixing with other babies!

moan over x

Replies

• Options
    Hi

Do you have a sure start in your area ? We go to a few sessions run by them and find them really good for mixing with other mums and babies

HTH
    Cazz
  • Options
    I meet up with some netmums usually once a week, I have made a friend with one of them so we occasionally meet up aswell. Other than that if the weather's not too bad I make sure we get out fo a walk. I also meet up with one of the girlies off here now and then (you know who you are lol!)

Other than that I don't really do anything. TBH at this age they're only just starting to get into things so I may consider baby groups (she say's through gritted teeth lol!) I am determined however to start swimming with him as the poor thing's only been once. Hm, next Monday - make me go girls - keep reminding me!

Sometimes I do find myself just moping about and I get more lethargic so better to keep moving I think!

What a shame we don't all live near each other - we could have a mass meet up couldn't we?!xx
  • Options
    I know - i think we're all as spread out as possible!

Not sure of any sure start groups... will look into it.

xx

• Options
    I feel like I could do more to get out to but can't at the mo as we only have one car! image Hopefully we will be getting another one soon as Im slowly driving myself mad! I have friends over sometimes with their babies or I go to theres. I take them to the park when I can but its just been to cold recently image I used to tajke my girls swimming but Ive yet to do it with all 3, yikes! I will start going again when I get my car back and then take the youingest two whilst Molly is at preschool.
  • Options
    Ask HV about sure start centres, we have attended quite a few groups through them, that have been brilliant. The centres round by me have 'stay and play sessions' basically a playgroup, but they are so laid back, you dont have to go every week, and you dont have to pay (even though there is a chance to volunteer to pay 50p a session, which is put into buying new toys when needed etc).

If you dont get any luck with the HV (who referred me to the centre closest to me in writting when Zack was 6 weeks) try looking on the sure start website (not sure of the address) and there are contact numbers there for your local centres.

Beckie
  • Options
    other than baby clinic which i wasd going to every monday to get libby weighed the onlky thing i go to is popalong on friday 1-3 and only usually get there for part of the session due to lunchtime feeds. know what you mean though about feeling isolated, i live a bit in sticks too, we do have some lovely walks on our doorstep but weather pants and its much to go with someone and i have yet to meet someone i can buddy up with. starting regular swimming soon too so hopefully that might open some doors, do know how you feel.

em x