Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

ClaudiaT

Hi

OMG how do you have such a great routine, I have tried using Gina Ford

7am wake and feed
8am play
9 nap till 9:45
10 play and cuddle
11am feed
12 nap for 2 and half hours

Ok well today so far lol

7:15am woke up n tried fededing n she was giggling n messing bout didnt manage to feed till 8am
8:10 argh robbie was messing about finally got ready now onto Caitlin OMG change nappy again and then get her dressed n she throws up argh
finally run to school at 8:40 get robbie in
get home nap at 9 but caitlin wont settle finally she does at 9:20 then wakes up at 9:45 expects feeding so still feeding now omg its only 10 n im stressed lol xxx
how u doing?

9:45 Caitlin has been awake for 15 mins argh?

Replies

• Options
    I do believe that I have deceived you, ha ha!!! Never read that Gina Ford stuff which is probably where I am going wrong!

Ok this is how things went today in reality!

7am wake and feed (so far so good!)
    8am getting tired and really grumpy, plonked Braedon and Madi in front of Spongebob Squarepants while I try to get ready.
    8.40am Late leaving for school, lots of shouting at Madi (refusing to put shoes on) and Braedon whingy and tired...
    8.50am get Madi to school just on time after driving several times round the block looking for parking space and forgetting that I must not have roadrage in front of the kids.
    9.10am back home, Braedon resolutely refusing to sleep and is now screaming and thrashing about on my lap
    9.30am give in and prepare bottle in hope that a feed will silence him...
    9.31am ...walk back in room to find him asleep! Decide to try and clean bathroom.
    9.45am He's awake again!!!! Aaarrrggjhhhh!!! Feed him.
    More whinging and crying until
    11.20am Doctors apt - Braedon squealing in delight at the other people in waiting room then falls asleep.
    12.45pm (been waiting to see doc all that time!!!) Braedon wakes as I am talking to dr and decides he's hungry...rush home, grab bottle and nappy bag, drive like lunatic to mums group where he has bottle then spends the entire 2 hrs crying and thrashing about cos he's tired.
    3.15pm pick Madi up from school (Braedon passes out as soon as in car) and head to town where Madi throws a tantrum in every shop and Braedon sleeps the entire time.
    5pm Home, Braedon has bottle, Madi has major tantrum.
    6pm Stick them both in bath, give Madi dinner and feed Braedon (again), read stories etc etc
    7.15pm Both kids in bed - phew!

What do you reckon Gina Ford would make of that!!!! sounds so easy on paper but there is just no getting Braedon to sleep even when he is totally knackered. Tried putting him in cot etc but nothing works!

The only thing that really works for us is the bedtime bit - he is an angel at bedtime but its the day thats the problem! How did the rest of your day pan out honey?
  • Options

OMG lol thats more like it, I bet Gina Ford does not have 2 kids to do routine, im glad to hear its not just me lol

ok I was up to 9.45 lol

Well Caitlin was then fed again but decided to play silly buggers and latch on and off and smile as she did so, finally she took enough and decided then to throw up omg, so i get changed and put her in front of In the night garden, thank god for TV lol

Its 10.30 and need to prepare Dinner for tonight

After night garden finishes she starts whinging

11.00am she falls asleep argh she should be feeding now

12.00pm We go to Weaning talk with Health visitor and she wants to move out and smile at everyone s she does

12.45 God this woman can talk and Caitlin needs feeding so feeding and listening n entertaining

1pm its Parent n baby group- she lays on the floors and kicks about and smiles at other babies aww peace

2pm weigh her n shes getting grumpy so leave

2.15 walk to Robbie's school after nipping to Tesco to get teeth gel, god send that stuff

3.00 Caitlin is asleep, pick Robbie up he's last out class n 10 mins late walk home n he chatters on

3.30 Robbie is moaning bout not being allowed to play on ps3 as he hasnt tidied room and he refuses and starts crying

3.45 he's still moaning

4.00 Caitlin awakes up hungry so I feed her and then I feed him

4.30 Make Rays dinner and my mum and dads

5.00 finally Ray is home takes Caitlin and then goes to see Robbie who is asleep great

5.10Ray has dinner, and I sort out washing up

5.45 Run Caitlin Bath and bath her

6.30 Feed her

7pm settle her for bed

7.30 I go to weight watchers Ray gets Robs to bed

8.00pm Caitlin awake as I walk in Ray has given her bottle and she decides to stay awake

9.00pm falls asleep back into crib

4.00- Caitlin wakes up for feed

6.45 Ray, Caitlin and Robbie are awake

7.00am Breakfast for robs n Caitlin n me

8.00am Get dressed, get her dressed and Robs has lost his jumper again and reading folder OMG

8.20am Rush to school, Caitlin asleep, and Robs mouth is on overdrive

9.00 get to work, work pt for mum and dad in their business

9.10 Caitlin wants feeding again

9.30 Plays and listens to songs

10am gets grumpy

11am asleep but should be feeding

How the bloody hell does Gina Ford think this routine works, and if you read it she only gives u 10 minutes to change and get baby dressed and 15 mins to tidy up OMG the stupid woman lol, or maybe its meant for Supermummys with obeying robot children lol

xxx
  • Options
    I def will not bother to read Gina Ford then, sounds like she hasn't met a child or baby in her life if she thinks anything takes 10 mins...more like an hour!

All going horribly wrong again today...Braedon totally knackered and refusing to sleep again. Put him in his cot and jst left him for a bit to see if he might go off to sleep, he was screaming so much that he was coughing and splutering so went and got him and decided to give a bottle, which he just promptly vomited back up all over me, him, the sofa and the rug. Got us both changed and then he threw up on us again when I picked him back up. Nearly fell down the stairs cos the bloody cat was lying on one of the steps so he has now been banished to the garden. Supposed to go out in about 30 mins but i feel like i ought to just crawl back under the duvet for a bit. Braedon is now chatting away in his bouncer like nothing hppened.

So my question for Gina bloody Ford is...does the 10 mins for changing baby include multiple changes when they puke all over themselves? How long am I allowed for dealing with vomit?!?!

Sounds like Robbie is just like Madi, she talks all the time usually about total nonsense and sometimes by the end of the day I feel like my head will explode. We walk around with her trailing behind with her going "mummy mummy mummy did you know that....?" or "Once when I went to...." ensue massive long stories about not a lot and arguements if I ask her to quiet down a bit or point out that shes talking rubbish! Bless 5 yr olds, its very sweet really but sometimes I consider earplugs!

How things going for you?
  • Options
    Well heres to another great day your days sound like mine lol

Well she went to bed at 7.00pm woke up at 8.00pm and then again 9.00pm so I feed her again.

Decides she wants to coo and giggle at daddy with he loves and encourages bloody great, ten at 11.00pm decides after getting her hyper he wants to go to sleep- Bloody men, so I settle her nappy change omg what a smell baby's can make lol

1.15am She wakes up crying again

2.30 and again so I feed her

4.00am and again so I feed her and change her

5.30 and again argh god I want sleep she feed approx 15 mins each time and Im then wide awake and take ages to get back to sleep

6.45 Ok By this time Im seroiusly peeved off and Ray is saying omg cant u stop her crying I swear I would have stopped him from speaking easy enough

Ok so its 7.00am feed her again, Robbie is messing about wont dont ready for school and Ray is moaning about not getting enough sleep

8.00am Robbie still not ready, and needs to tidy room

8.30 Run to school and get there just in time

9.00 Get to the office and Caitlin will not stop crying wont take any bfs just bottle, feeling like a failure now, and its now 10.50 and she still wont stop crying Im so tired feel so sick

any suggestions how to make her sleep
  • Options
    Hi hon

Can't really help much as I am having lots of trouble getting Braedon to sleep during the day - weirdly he sleeps 12 hrs straight at night but just refuses to sleep daytime. We tried putting him upstairs and leaving him cry but he screamed so much he was coughing and spluttering, I just couldn't bear to leave him any longer. Tried sitting in room and comforting him, just doesn't work. The only thing that works is trying to amuse him until he is so knackered he just can't stay awke and then giving him a cuddle till he is starting to sleep, then put him down and run! Really annoys me though as I just can't get anything done during the day cos I am constantly trying to entertain a very grumpy tired baby or cuddling him till hes sleeps. End up doing housework at 10pm cos once he is asleep, he only stays that way for 20-30 mins if I'm lucky!

At least he sleeps at night, sounds like you are having a tough time poor u. I don't know what to suggest hon, have u tried giving her water if she wakes and wants to feed back to sleep? I know its hard but Ray needs to stop playing with her at night although in my experiene men never bloody listen, shaun is the same and is constantly rocking Braedon even when he doesnt need it.

I hope things have been better over the weekend xxxx