Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

what does PP mean in your maternity notes?

hi mw appointment yesterday went really well......splodge is still head down...have def lost soem of my plug(show)but no need to worry unless i start having contractions.....tummy pains i have been having are braxton hicks and she measured me and im only 1 week ahead now......fantastic!!

she said splodge was 4/5ths down in my pelvis....i asked if she meant engaged and she said no not quite....she said it was like an eg cup and splodge's head was in the top of the egg cup...lol.
well when i looked at my notes.....on the bit they fill in next to fetal movements,heartbeat,bp etc...there is a bit that says PP asndd underneath she has written 4/5.......but i still dont understand what this means!!!

i swear my brain is getting worse!!! xxx

can someone help please?

thanks you xxxx

Replies

• Options
    I'm not sure about PP but I know someone said that different midwives measure the engagement in different ways. I.e. 4/5ths can either be nearly fully engaged (only 1/5th to go) OR only just engaged (1/5th engaged, 4/5ths to go). Sounds insane to me but apparently true. So I would just assume that you are a bit engaged but not a lot!!!
  • Options
    it means presenting part palpable, she could feel tiny bit of babys head in pelvis hun xxxx