Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

advice on nursey...

hi girls,

im going to look at a nursery on wednesday morning as im going back to work soon, the thing is im actually s'posed to be going back to work on the 9th feb which is really soon and out of all the nurserys i called only 1 had places so now im thinking hmmm y have u got places lol btw ive left it really late coz work have been mucking me around.

so what should i be looking for? and asking???

vicky & summer xxx

Replies

• Options
    thanks girls im going tomorrow so will remember to ask all these qusetions xxx
  • Options
    How did you get on hon? Did you see good interaction between all the staff with the little ones? How did they react when one of them cried?

Sorry, late in the day but better late than never lol!xx
  • Options
    hi girls,
    i did like the nursery the staff were lovely and were playing with the kids etc they had a lovely outside area for the kids to play in etc there is only 2 things that r bothering me very slightly summer would blatently be the youngest baby there all the rest were running around already i dont know y but that does bother me slightly and the other thing is that i would need to find a new nursey in june as the nursery is going to be taken over by a charity then and it will be run by volenteers and unemployed ppl and i just dont like the idea of that i mean they wont even be trained properly???

i think the main problem is that i dont want summer to go to any nursey i want to stay at home and look after her but i cant boooo!!!
  • Options
    Ahhhh hun, I don't want you going back to work at that nasty place either, I remember when you was preggers how horrid it was for you..........
    I hope you find somewhere suitable for Summer, I personally wouldn't choose that 1 as she would be settled and then you would have to unsettle her as I had to do this with Sam and even though he was 3 it really upset him as he was used to environmant, staff etc....HTH...x x xx
  • Options
    awww i dont want to go back at all!!!! i might not have a choice but to send summer to that one coz im ment to start back at work on the 9th and this is the only nursery i have found with places available now. I know ive left it late but work have been mucking me about surprise surprise its still not sorted now tbh i would rather work just completely refused my flexible hours request so i had no choice but to leave lol im sure i would manage sume how!!
  • Options
    ive looked at it and i wouldnt get alot of tax credits so i wouldnt be able to pay mortgage etc hmmm saying that how much would i get for income support/job seekers anyone know???