Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

O/T but need some unbiased opinions please x

omg i dont even know where to start!!!

ok well... basicly i have 2 brothers adam and neil we are very very close always have been they r fantastic with summer etc

well adam finally got engaged to his lovely patient girl friend of 10 yrs (been together since school) so all the invites to their enagement got sent out they gave everyone plenty of notice the party is at the end of OCTOBER well anyway my dad moved to devon 2 weeks b4 my due date (nice lol) he ended up buying a b&b and him and his g/f decided to keep running it so my dad drives from devon to london early hours monday morning go to work and then drives back friday afternoon.

anyway when dad got his engagement party invite he said oh we cant make it we have a booking that weekend, thing is he went into loads of detail about it with me and i just thought your lying...

well adam and kat (his g/f) went to visit dad in devon last weekend and when they came back adam had a huge chat with my mum saying he thought dad was lying about the booking and saying how dads g/f makes him feel really unwelcome... this happened to me and as a result i dont go to devon ever and i havent spoken to dads g/f for 15 months.

so the whole booking thing was on my mind so i gave my mum the phone number for the b&b and she got a work mate to call and guess what there is no booking for that weekend... im so disappointed with my dad for lying.

my question is do i tell adam and kat?? do i talk to my dad??? im just not sure what to do!!

the thing is adams already saying dad is annoying him coz he invites himself over to adams once a week for dinner and when in devon my dad didnt put his hand in his pocket once which has annoyed adam, so if i tell adam what i know will it break the family up for good?? its nearly there already!!

what would u do?? does adam deserve to know what dad has done??

Replies

• Options
    I dont think I would say anything hun but then Im not saying thats the right thing to do. Im useless in these type of situations. Hope whatever you decide to do you get the best outcome for all.

Take care xx