Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Had enough of this PND lark..... (updated)

...its really pi**ing me off now. Grrrrrr.

Anyone wanna buy it off me or should I just put it on Ebay to get rid of it.?

Sorry for being miserable but as the title says iv had enough of feeling depressed (i can deal with that bit) anxious and paranoid (these are just a pain in the bum).

Spoke with my councellor and my HV at the begining of last week, HV was so concerned she made an appointment for me to see GP to review my meds. It was fair enough until i went to the appointment a couple of days later and found out the nice GP was off sick so i would have to see the other one (i dont have a great relationship with this one and think he is arrogant and unhelpfull). Stress number 1.

Explained that my anxiety was really bad again and he saw that i was physically shaking.

He then sent me to the scales to weigh myself (he is always obsessed about my weight), Yes im overweight but dont seem to be able to keep to a diet at the moment as feeling so low.

So Im depressed and anxious and get a lecture on being morbidly obese and how it will affect my health. Real helpfull that as i was already nearly in tears.

He gives me a choice of either being prescribed Betablockers or Tranquilisers on top of my antidepressants. I dont even like taking meds. SO am now on a months course of Tranquilisers as well. Have had betablockers before and they made me feel really rough.

He did reassure me about my councelling not ending til i feel i no longer need it (only meant to be 6 sessions which are up next week). ANd the sick note he gave me will end on my weekend off unlike all of my others.

But on the way out he said that i needed to have the flu and swine flu jab as im in an at risk group due to having a SVT (hole in my heart when i was little). FFS At my last check up 24 yrs ago it had healed nicely and iv had no further problems.

Sorry for the rant as I feel that others here have rather more worrys at the moment than i have... guess i just need to rant. Iv just had enough now as this has been going on for 6 months now and the focus of my anxiety keeps changing.

Thanks for your time reading this.

Beck

UPDATE

Well the doctors now say that its no longer PND. Ohh and its getting worse. I have stopped the tranquilisers and have not asked for any more. AM feeling so low that after an argument with OH last week I was having suicidal thoughts (even though i knew i wouldnt carry them out). Spoke with HV, GP and councellor on Tuesday. My councilling is beeing intensified as of next week, and as a resuly my meds wont be increased/ changed to Prozac type level of meds.??? Thats a scary thought for me as when im at work I work in a mental health setting. SPoke to the other Gp at the practice when i went to get my sicknote and prescription aon Friday and basically if im not feeling any better by end of January I will be referred to hospital and a consultant psychiatrist.

Hell it never rains it pours.

Beck

[Modified by: trueman on 28 November 2009 11:48:37 ]

Replies

• Options
    Hey there

Not sure i can offer much advice tbh, but just want to say that you have definately not ranted!

I get periods of feeling very very low, self concious, paranoid and just down right miserable! I can tell when its happening & can sometimes get myself out of it, but other times have to 'go with the flow'! It can often be started by stupid trivial things, which then make it worse - usual vicious circle scenario!

Its horrid seeing a doc your not keen on, are you able to make an appmt with your regular GP to talk further on the meds/counselling etc? Also, have you tried alternative medicines? I know its not for everybody, but maybe worth a try? I can vouch for acupuncture for a whole host of things!

Tell them to stick the swine flu jab up their bums - if you don't want it, surely they can't make you!!

You will feel better, it just takes time sometimes. Let us know how you get on, it would be good to hear from you.
    Take care
    Sarah xx
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply Sarah, TBH I think i just needed to get everything off my chest.

I too have bouts of depression and paranoia quite often which i can usually talk myself out of, but it wasnt working this time and had to ask for help as i dont want my moods affecting Zacky.

The councelling is working for me and I have been led to believe that it will not end until i no longer need the support.

So funny though, my fear of Zacky getting hurt nearly happened a few days ago when i fell down about 5 stairs while i was carrying him ( he fell 2 as i must have let go of him at some point but dont remember when). He was fine though just a little scared. Me on the other hand has a verry sore and bruised bum and sholder LOL. But best of all i didnt panic and am so proud of myself, i know im getting there now.

Think it was the thought that I could still have issues with my heart that upset me, I dont need all that again. I dont need people wrapping me up in cotton wool again, as a kid my moto became 'what they dont know wont hurt them (them being my parents).

ANd Im waffling again LOL.

Thanks again
    Beck n Zacky.
  • Options
    oh hun it really sounds like you are going through it. Im glad they are doing something though. Please if you ever feel low, come on here and rant away. We are here to support eachother. My OH has suffered with depression and still has his black dog days. I know how tough it can be.

((((BIGGEST OF HUGS)))) take care of yourself xxxx
  • Options
    Thanks Elaine. You always seem ready with a kind word. My councelling has now been intensified and if im no better by end of Jan will be refered to hospital consultant weather i like it or not. Im getting annoyed with it now. On the scales they sre using at the moment im classed as extremely depressed and moderately anxious. Doesnt sound right to me though as i feel more stable than that.

Have to learn how to ask for help and a few other things. O and OH is gonna have to learn how to cope with Zacky as well.

Beck.