Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

FAT FIGHTERS - OCTOBER...

Hi Losers!

Thought I'd start a new thread for each month as the old one is getting quite long...

My weight loss so far is as follows...

Starting weight: 12st 5lb
Weight now: 11st 10lb
Target: 9st (Size 10/12)

I am hoping to get as close to my target as poss but my pre preg weight was about 10st so anything less than that will be a bonus.... just want to get to size 10/12 again so i can ft in my old clothes..

I thought it could also be good to set ourselves some mini targets and rewards too to help us... as well as an overall goal.

My mini goal is to get below 11 stone for Christmas and if so I will treat myself to a manicure!

My long term goal is as above, and if I get there by the time I'm back at work next June I will treat myself to some new clothes!

Amy xxx

;\)

[Modified by: amylou81 on 02 October 2008 11:24:02 ]

[Modified by: amylou81 on 02 October 2008 11:26:38 ]

Replies

• Options
    PS - no weight loss for me this week - not sure why i have been good!

:cry:

• Options
    Hi

I have been on weightwatchers for 3 weeks and so far lost 7lbs, im very happy and OH is being so supportive

Tracey
  • Options
    My profile so far looks like this:
    Monday 18th Aug: 12stone 6lb
    Monday 25th Aug: 12stone 3lb
    Monday 1st Sept : 12stone 0lb
    Monday 8th Sept : 11stone 13lb
    Monday 15th Sept: 11stone 11lb
    Monday 22nd Sept: 11stone 11lbs
    Monday 29th Sept: 11stone 9lbs

Gud luck weight loss buddies, i really love this post its keeping quite motivated, lol. Lets hope Octobers weight loss is going to be just as productive. Kerry xxx

• Options
    hey amylou1981 and kerrymc we are all nearly at the same weight (well 2 begin with!) i was 12.5half.
    dont be dis-heartened with no loosing any weight this week, its SO much better than not to put on.

also m/lights are on offer in asda 5 for a quid!! i got 15 hahaha!! done the points plan for 3 days and so over ate i just couldnt stick 2 my points and i know u shouldnt swap half way throu the wk but ive gone back to the core plan thinking that wud b better rather than putting on all the 5lbs ive worked hard 2 get off, so i know i have put on this week and dreading the scales. my class is on a sat but cause all the leaders have this awards things or weigh in is on sunday so got ages 2 hear my dreaded news aggghhhhhh

oh well i better get 2 aldi and stock up on my 69p fruit hahah xxx
  • Options
    Still have no batteries in my scales so have no idea on the weight! Am on ww (minus the meetings cs oh works shifts so can't commit to meeting) and been up and down...good last week then bad at weekend. Back on it monday - 3 good days and then today I feel totally fed up with it cos I don't think i have lost any weight and i miss my chips. Ate a couple of things that are not too naughty but don't really know how many points and now I am dying to raid the cupboard for biccys and crisps. Need physical restraint but oh t work...noone to stop me!!! Arrrghhh!
    No MUST be good! Just had simple dinner will be good...
    Anyone know how many points in a chicken/sweetcorn/mayo sarnie? Thats where it started to go wrong today...
  • Options

I'm doing WW but not going to meetings - I'm doing it all online - you get a little calculator to put all your food in - might sound like a faff but works for me... I need to be strict and stuctured when i diet - too much freedom and I go crazy!

Was your sarnie a packet one Claudia... if so I might be able to look it up for you?!??! Where was it from?

Important thing to remember is even if we deviate from our diets slightly not to let that turn into a bad day, or bad few days or even make us right off the whole week... one naughty will not hurt if you don't let it affect the rest of your day/week....

Amy xx
  • Options
    Ur exactly like me amylou, i love the points coz it gives me structure and boundaries and keeps me on the right track. Im also not going to the meetings but iv dun WW before so i still had all the points calculators and reciepe books and everything else that u get.

I have one naughty evening a week, (usually a thurs) where me and OH will get a take-away and a bottle of wine and even a pudding sometimes. I stay cud thru-out the day keeping my points the the lowest I can, then have a really nice evening that I look forward to coz im still having the things I like. Iv done this since iv started on week one and iv still managed to lose 11lbs by been good the rest of the time. Gud luck everyone I get really excited to hear how people have been doing. xxx
  • Options
    Can I join in too???? I've got 5lb to lose which I know isn't much but I just can't seem to budge it. I have the added problem of having knackered tendons in my knee which is stopping me from running image Waiting to see the physio to hopefully get ot sorted. I haven't resorted to WW yet thought I might start as I know it's really good.

Well done to all of you who have been losing weight, keep up the good work image

Jo x
  • Options
    I want to join too please. Although I actually weigh less that I did before I had Ashton I still need to loose some weight. I am a size 14/16 at the moment and would really love to be in a size 12/14 again! Gonna start on Monday and get my ab exerciser thingy out from the cupboard under the stairs and go on it everyday!
    Startinf weight is 13 stone 3lbs - god its horrible actually writting that down! Goal is to get to about 11 stone, is that about right I am 5ft 6?
    As long as I look slimmer thats all that matters!
    Well done to everyone who has lost weight so far!!!!

[Modified by: tamarabell on October 04, 2008 08:48 AM]

• Options
    yeah of course - the more the merrier!!!

11st sounds about right tammi... you can prob find a bmi calculator online somewhere which should should you what your healthy weight range is.... mines anywhere between 8st 1 and 10st 1 as I'm only 5ft 3.... So I have set my target slap bang in the middle....

xxxx
  • Options
    wish me luck girls im really gonna need it. its my weigh in, in an hour and ive had a bad wk started of doing points then so over ate on them i went back to the core which i know ur not meant 2 swap but i would have put so much back on if i stuck with the points plan. also its my cycle week and i know you always put on. so im going for as many wee's as possible and might strip naked on the scales to get my pounds of hahaha..... will update later with my dreaded weight gain image

xxxxxxx
  • Options
    hope it went well loubieloulou.....???

I'm spending most of my points on a big fat roast dinner today - will be worth it though...!!!!!

xx
  • Options
    Iv not had a great three days so im not looking forward to getting on the scales tomorrow and starving myself today is not an option coz im going for an all u can eat chinese later, lol. How did it go loubieloulou? xxx
  • Options
    hiya girls well was so pleased as ive lost half!!!! had a crap wk so im really pleased not 2 have gained anything!
    gonna be really good this week and try for 2lbs on saturday which will take me just over my half stone mark woooohooooo
    xx
  • Options
    Hi all, still no scales...but I think my jeans are just a teensiest bit looser than they were so am thrilled! Was at the stage where I was fed up of cooking diff dinners for me and hubby (who seems to not be able to keep weight on at the mo, the git!) and being tempted by naughty stuff when out and about...but been pretty good this week.
    Hope everyone has had a good week!!!
  • Options
    i am weighing in at 14st 2lb this morning used to be 14st 7lb about 4 wks ago so thats a lost of 5lb which is about right as im breastfeeding they recommend 1lb a week!!

Need to keep going want to see 13st soon- fingers crossed!!

Well done everyone lets persevere we can all do it- we just wanna be better versions of ourselves!
  • Options
    ms cocolee im about the same as you. Im not dieting or watching my weight. I know my problems - i dont eat much during the day and NEVER have breakfast (which puts ur body into starvation mode and clings on to the calories u have) and I eat waaaaay to late at night. I want to start loosing weight but dread seeing my weight on the scales. Good luck ladies!!! Well done to you all so far! xx
  • Options
    Woohoo!!

Have lost my 1st newborn Tommy! 8lb in total so got my 1st half stone award tonight!

These threads keep me soooo motivated - thanks ladies!!

Well done to everyone who is doing well and Tammi my goal is 11 stone and I am 5ft 5! I know I am happy at that weight and start to look a bit gaunt if I get much smaller than that so good luck hon!

I know have another 3stone 13lb to go and will get there will the help in here!!!
  • Options
    well done to all you losers this week so far!!! My weigh in is Thursday and after staying same last week i'm really hoping for a loss this week - starting to get really down about not being able to look nice - haven't been buying clothes for obvious reasons but then I feel frumpy and mumsy all the time!
  • Options
    well thanks goodness - i have lost this week! after staying the same last week I was starting to lose heart! Could have easily thought 'sod it' but kept going... and i have lost 2lbs.... really chuffed... thats 11lb so far - can;t wauit to reach my first stone!

to anyone that has a stay the same week - don't give up - you will lose again! like me!!!!!!!

How's everyone else doing this week???

Amy xxx