Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

weaning

Hi

So girlies are you weaning your babies

I have just started with Caitlin and I gave her Parsnip with a dash of boiled water, froze the rest of parsnip and she loves it, she has it with juice, apple and cherry at 18:30 and a bottle of expressed milk for bedtime.

So girlies whats all the other adorable june babies having?

Replies

• Options
    I weaned Reiss early because he's such a big boy and he took to it like he was born to eat - bit like me really!

He is now on 3 meals a day and have made a mass of carrot, courgette, potato and swede variations. He loves pear and banana and porridge. In fact now I think about it there is nothing he has turned his nose up at yet!

Gave him a rusk for the first time yesterday evening with boobie milk and he looked like the cat who got the cream!xx
  • Options
    wow this stage has come round v quickly!! gonna try sinea on baby rice at t-times soon, just put her on sma blue milk for that last week as she was waking at night times so when she starts waking up again im gonna give it a go, gonna hold of for as long as possible as she is so tiny, well 15lb tiny!! did u all take a snap of their 1st meal?!?
  • Options
    tyler has been weaned for about a week. hes only had baby rice once and rusk and formula the rest of the time. he loves it!! im gonna try pear next. i'll give him the same food for a few days so if he has a funny reaction to something i'll know what food it is. Good luck with all the weaning ladies!! where has the time gone? :cry::\) xx
  • Options
    Hi girls its come round fast!!!! Ashton has been having one meal of baby rice for the last four days now and seems to be ok! Gonna wait a couple more days and then try some new foods. As Elaine says I want to see if he has an reactions to anything especially with the problems we have already had! I posted a piture on here of Ashton eating under "feeding themselves" if anyone wants to add to it! xxxx
  • Options
    I only tried Caitlin as she woke up 4 times in the night and she never used to, i only give her a small amount, she weighs 14lb 2 now. My health visitor said that they recommend 6 months but after 17 weeks is ok if you feel your baby needs it, since trying it, she has woke up once at 4am, which i think is more habit than anything else so i will try giving her bottle of water instead of bf in the night. Parsnip rest of the week n then switch to carrot i think or sweet potato, decisions decisions lol.
  • Options
    chales - firstly hello!!!! Welcome to the junies forum!! let me know ur babies due date,birth date and weights and i'll add them to the birthday list. its just a lil list to remind us who came when as alot of us went through our pg together, although alot of them have left us now.

it is best to wait until 6 months to wean but if u think ur babies are ready b4 that then id give it a go.

tyler is really funny with his milk - some days he'll drink it, some days he wont and he is very sicky so i made the decision to wean at 16 weeks. he hasnt been sick - not even once after a meal and he seems to be taking his milk better now. he has also been sleeping for longer periods in the night although hes still never slept through.

xx
  • Options
    Chales - your babies share their birthday with Ashton!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxx