Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Catching up....

So its been a while since I've posted on here properly and I thought I would pop my head in and say hi and get updated with everyone...

From our point of view, as you may have read a few weeks ago on here I have been made redundant. Has hit me pretty hard as I've worked for the same place for 10 years and I'm not really sure where to start when it comes to looking for something new! Its all a minefield and especially finding p/t jobs in my field (training and devlopment)... but I'm on garden leav till end of Jan so have some breathing space... just gonna enjoy the extra time with Zac, can't afford for it to be a long term thing so I'm hoping something will come up soon.... I have two recruitment agency interviews on Weds so fingers crossed they can find me something!

I am still applying for the midwifery degree but realistic that that might not happen as competition is so high... just polishing my personal statement then my ucas form is ready to go! scary!

Zac is bit poorly at mo, off food... well very fussy not off totally, not wanting milk - which is weird as he loved his cup of milk first thing then at bed but for the last week he refuses or has a sip or two! and is generally quite wingy and not himself - any ideas? Milk thing is worrying me as they are supposed to have a good amount daily for calcium aren't they!?!

He finally started walking about a month ago and the ripe age of 15 months! But since he's grasped that he is into everything, especially chasing the cats!

Will add an up to date pic - taken couple of weeks ago in a sec... (hope it works)

So, how is everyone? News please?

Yes I'm being lazy, have read some posts but can't read them all!

Amy & Zac xx

[Modified by: amylou81 on 08 November 2009 22:57:37 ]

Replies

• Options

http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/amylou_14_2007/?action=view&current=STP62829.jpg

[Modified by: amylou81 on November 08, 2009 10:53 PM]

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/amylou_14_2007/STP62829.jpg

[Modified by: amylou81 on November 08, 2009 10:54 PM]

• Options
    http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/amylou_14_2007/STP62829.jpg

[Modified by: amylou81 on November 08, 2009 10:55 PM]

• Options
    grr can't get it to work! oh well x
  • Options
    Gave up and changed my avatar instead - can never get pic's posted on here easily for some reason! x
  • Options
    Aaww bless him - such a big boy now! Hes got a lovely smile.

Sorry to hear all the stress you are under. I really hope something comes up for you soon. Fingers croosed that the interveiws on Wednesday turn up some goods! Good luck with your MW degree, compotition is high but hang in there!

I hope Zac feels better soon, it could just be a tummy bug or maybe back teeth? He'll be ok without milk for a few days hun. Well done to him for walking! Bets the cats arnt too pleased though Lol!

We are ok this end. Tyler a cheeky monkey, bosses his older bros around (well trys too) lol he thinkks he is a big boy. Im not having an easy ride with this pg. Bad sickness and scans are showing that bubs isnt growing as they would like. We will see if he/she has caught up at my 12 wk scan on 26th.

Nice to hear from you hun - its gone V quiet over here again.

Love to you and Zac xxxxxx

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/Defpp1.png

http://ticker.7910.org/an1cHo3Fqn-0000MDAwNDQxM2RifDY0MzQyNTQ1bGF8YmFieSBOby40IGlzIGR1ZSBpbg.gif

• Options
    Hi there
    I've not been on here for aaaggggeeees either, but mines more like months rather than weeks - lol!
    Sorry to hear about your job, i do hope you get fixed up soon. I know what a difficult & stressful situation that can be.
    Dylan caught a nasty viral infection a couple of weeks ago & has literally just gotten completely over it. We're going Lanzarote on Thurs, so looking forward to it, although slightly apprehensive as its our first time abroad with him!!
    Hope Zac gets his appetite back soon...am sure when he does, he'll be non-stop if he's anything like my little man!!!
    Sarah x
  • Options
    I wouldnt worry too much about Zac's appetite I pretty sure its just a faddy phase as my Zacky has been going throught it for a good 3 months now. SOme days he just survives on dry cereal and rice pudding LOL, but when he does decide he wants to slow down enought to eat he will eat like a horse.

As for his milk he has to be in the mood for it now. If I feel i need to get some down his neck i tend to either doctor his food (milky instant mash he loves) or i doctor his usual milk with hot chocolate or milkshake mix and he has more. Its never been a concern for me really though as he loves his dairy types of food.

SOrry to hear about the job, but maybe its for the best as it opens you up to do your midwifery training?? SOmething good from something not so good.

With the UCAS form remember they are looking mainly for the following

Good grasp of maths
    Good grasp of english both written and oral.
    Good communications skills
    AN ability to learn
    And most important of all life exxcpriences and how you have coped with them.

Accademic success as you get older do not mean as much as life experience when applying for allot of jobs in the health and social care business.

O and almost forgot you need to have a really good sence of humour as well.

Beck