Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help needed please - may be upsetting! - Updated

Hi All firstly soooo sorry that I have been a bit distant of late, things have been really busy here this last week.

As some of you may know my sister has a little boy called PJ aged 2 who was diagnosed with lukemia when Ashton was just two weeks old. Up until now he has fought really well against it and seemed to be winning the battle although he was very sick at times and has lost all his hair! He has even been in remission for the last couple of weeks which was great news.

On Saturday my sister PJ and his Dad came up to my house for a visit and although he was ok he didn't seem his normal loud happy self so on their way home they stopped in at the RVI hospital in Newcastle where he has been having treatment to get him checked out. At first the doctors thought that he had a bad chest infection so started him on antibiotics and rehydrated him, however he continued to get worse as the night went on. Doctors from the ICU department came and checked him over and did some tests and it turns out that the chemo he had for the lukemia has damaged his heart.

At the moment he is in the Freeman hospital at Newcastle on the intensive care ward, he is sedated and a ventilator is breathing for him in order to give his body some time to rest and recover. Although he is responding well to the drugs and treatment so far it is possible that he may need a heart transplant at some point in the future!!!!

So what I am asking ladies is that can you all say a prayer for him tonight or send some get better vibes his way?

Karen I am sorry if you are reading this and it is bringing back painful memories for you. I know that this is a extremly hard time of year for you & your family and I am sending big hugs to you all. Can you maybe ask Kayles to be his guardian angel and look after him and help him get better?

Love you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[Modified by: tamarabell on 23 December 2008 18:51:08 ]

Replies

• Options
    Aw honey, of course I will. Kayles was always by the bedside of anyone on the ward who was having a bad time and now will be no different,

Tammi, please let your sister know that PJ is being prayed for and that we're all rooting for him to get well. I know how naff it is to be in at Christmas, but they can always celebrate later when little PJ is doing better and at home.

Love to all your family hon, sending big fat healing vibes to PJ and strength to the rest of you.xx
  • Options
    Hun I will be praying everyday and will light my Christmas candle early for PJ. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    poor little pj - i will be praying for him... my thoughts are with all of your family xxxx
  • Options
    all our love and thoughts for little PJ hon, sending massive hugs for all of you at this worrying time xxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Thanks for your messages girls, it really means alot that you all all thinking of him! Diana, a special thank you to you too as this must be a really hard time for you & your family too! Like Kayles I am sure Sienna will be a special angel helping babies & children everywhere! xxxxxxx
  • Options
    hi tammi just to say that i will be saying a pray for lil pj xxx
  • Options
    PJ will be in my prayers too Tammi & i will also light a special candle to show he & others are in my thoughts. It really is the least we can do xx
  • Options
    Aw, I will say a prayer for him too. He sounds like a little fighter, will be thinking of him. xxx
  • Options
    hey hun, me luca and Leigh will all be sending get well vibes to little PJ xx
  • Options
    Aw hun, I didn't know that either. I will be thinking of you all and sending big hugs from all of us to help him get better.
    xxxx
  • Options
    I dont know what to say hon - I will say a little prayer for him!

Tomorrow night - Christmas Eve (I hope you dont mind Karen and Diana) but I was going to light a little candle for Sienna and Kayles and I will now add PJ to my thoughts too! I just thought amongst all the chaos and excitement it would be nice to sit on my own with my candle and quietly reflect on people who have touched my heart over the past year.

Sending love to you all,
    Lee
    xxxxx
  • Options
    Lee that will be lovely thanks so much to you all! xxxx
  • Options
    I've added a post to Lighting a candle for those who need it re adding names - please could you all have a look? Lovely idea Lee.xx
  • Options
    Hi girls can I ask you all to pray really hard tomorrow night as we have been told that although he has not got any worse over the last two days he has also not got any better and due to the fact that he has had lukemia he will not be at the top of the list for a heart transplant, and that the lukemia is now more likely to return! To be honest girls I am sat here in floods of tears and just want to scream!!!! Why is life so fucking unfair????
    Thank you all for your support it means the world, do you know I can't even brng myself to call by best mates and tell them as I can't find the words! xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    oh tammi
    my heart goes out to you all, I'm so sorry to hear this, i never knew about the leaukemia, praying that he will be very strong through all this, i can't believe that they can say he can't be at top of this, he's 2 years old for goodness sake. biug hugs to you all

em and libby xxx
  • Options
    Hi Tammi

Just a quick message to say i'll be thinking about everyone tomorrow night (Sienna, Kayles, PJ)

Cazz

• Options
    Poor little PJ. I am praying for him - he sounds so brave bless him...
    *big hugs*
    I agree he sounds like a determined little man image
    Christmas miracles do happen. my sil was born on christmas eve, 11 weeks early and weighing a teeny 1lb 10oz. No one thought she or my mil would survive (it was a severe case of eclampsia). And mil was in coma for almost a week. But they are both here today healthy and happy.
    Hope it gives you some help.
    xxx
  • Options
    aww ill be praying for little PJ bless him, my thoughts and big hugs to you and the family xx
  • Options
    Thinking of little PJ and your family
    big hugs
    xxx