Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

fao tamarabell

Hi Tammi

How are you and lo doing, has he gained much weight. Caitlin has lost some now and is quite poorly,
Well i hope things are good

Take care

Tracey, Caitlin and Robbie

Replies

• Options
    Hi Tracey, thanks for asking after Ashton, hes doing really well now. He was weighed last Monday and was 10lb 4ozs! Thats over 2lbs that he has put on in about 3 weeks. Back at the hospital tomorrow to see the pediatricion (sp) again for another check up.

I was looking at some pics of Ashton last night that my sister put on face book and only just relised how ill Ashton actually looked! He was so skinny and his skin was really bad! So please that he is finally putting the weight on!

How much weight has Caitlin lost? Is there any reason for it, is she being sick or pooing more than normal? How old is she now?
    Just been reading the cow & gate guide to weaning and they say that unexplained weight lost could be a sign that a baby is ready to be weaned???

Hows Robbie doing? By the way your picture of them both together is just fab!!!!

Big hugs and kisses Tammi & Ashton xxx
  • Options
    Hi babe, jsut been reading your posts to Elaine - have you asked the doc if it could be reflux or an intolarance to cows protien? Ashton was throwing up his feeds and since starting on gaviscon and changing his milk to LCP Neocate this has stopped.
    His symptoms were:

Projectile vomiting
    Poor weight gain
    Really loose milky poos
    Vile stinking poos
    screaming after feeds (like clolic)
    more sleepy than normal
    bad skin - really dry and patchy

Definatly argue your case and ask to be referred to a pediatricion asap! If your gp is no help speak to your health visitor or just turn up at A&E after working hours and someone will have to see you.
    xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Hi TAMMI

aww well done Ashton xx bless him, Caitlin was 12lb 6oz 2 weeks ago and is now only 12lb 3oz so in 2 weeks she gained nothing and lost 3oz

Well Caitlin is vomiting every feed if she takes any, screaming, or sleeping, she is breastfed and its been going on nearly a week now, so im worried. She has been to doc and i swear i am really ready to scream at them, plus they have cancelled my appointment for today until doc has spoken to me, the bloody cheek (sorry to rant but omg)

Robbie is doing great, hes enjoying school and his baby sis, loves my partner at the minute as he got him a ps3, well it was free with a contract and he choose one with that as my poor oh has to share his ps3 with him and robbie is constantly pestering him lol

Thanks for the comment on the pic, i was really happy with all the pics i got from portrait place, cost a bomb though lol, but they were worth it
  • Options
    Hi Tracey how did you get on with the doctor today? Have just been reading a post on the baby forum with regards to babies being intolorant to cows protine or lactouse and someone was advised by their helath visitor that this can be a cause, of all Caitlins symptoms even though you are breast feeding as the protiens pass from you to baby? Let me know how you are gettig on! xxxxx
  • Options
    Hi Tracey seen you message on facebook last night but Pete was shouting for me, so never got time to reply. Hows Caitlin doing today? What sort of virus does she have and what are they doing for her?
    So pleased that they finally listened to you and she is hopefully gonna get better soon! Bloody doctors should have done something sooner, just goes to show us mums know best!!!! xxxx
  • Options
    hi sorry not be able to get on a caitlin has been crying most of today but seems to be getting a little better, robbie n ray have been quiet ray got robbie a ps3 yep my son is spoilt lol xxx how is ashton today xx take care kisses from caitlin to ashton xx
  • Options
    Ahh bless her hope she is better soon! God I want a play station to play on, lol. Ashton was weighed again today and is now a wopping 11lb 11ozs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Here he is playing on his new toy........

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f28/tamarabellscott/Ashton239017.jpg

Kisses from Ashton to Caitlin xxxxxxxxxx