Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in June 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

RANT!!!!!!! UPDATE

sorry ladies Iv gotta vent this. It'll probably get kinda long.

Iv had no heating/hot water for over a week now. My landlord finally came round last night with the part for my boiler (he is a plumber) but I never asked if he was CORGI registered. He fitted the part and said dont mind the dripping its where I sprayed gas detection fluid. Anyway about 15 mins after he left I thought I could smell gas and put it down to where he'd had the whole boiler open to fit the gas valve and a bit had escaped ect ect so went back downstairs but it kept niggling at me - popping back into my head. As the boiler is in J's room I didnt wanna put him down to bed as I was sure I could still smell it, so I turned the boiler off and phoned the National Gas Emergancy number. I said to the lady Im probably over reacting but its my sons room blah blah blah so she said she'll send someone out within the hour.

The bloke turned up 30 mins later and checked the main gas tap - fine, went up to the bedroom turned on the boiler - within about a minute it smelt so bad I felt sick. He used his lil box to pick up escaping gas (not that he really needed to) and said the leak was so bad he had to cut of the whole gas supply coz it could still be leaking even with the boiler off. He also said that if I'd have put my boy to bed in that room with the boiler on there is a fair chance he wouldnt of woken up in the morning!!!!!! image :evil:

I am SO mad Iv hardly got any slep. We moved J's bed in Isaacs room and opened the window right up just incase. Im going down to my letting agents today and god help whoever has to deal with me!

RANT OVER!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

well I went to the letting agents first thing the next morning and the poor woman was mortified when I told her what had happened, I had to keep reminding myself it wasnt her fault and that I had the kids with me but a few choice words just wouldnt stay in. I also said that if they send the Landlord round I'll strangle him on the doorstep, it may be his house but its my home - I pay the rent and if there isnt anybody round to fix it by 3 o'clock I would be passing the bill on to him. She said that she will take the matter extremely seriously and when Graham (the bloke who deals with the house) gets back in he'll sort it. Well by time I got home the plumber was there. He said that the landlord had fitted the Gas valve on THE WRONG WAY ROUND! and as far as the part goes - he could have gone and got 1 and had it fitted within the hour! He even phoned the stockists out of curiosity and left it on loud speaker so I could hear. ??5.68 for a part in stock 10 mins down the road - So basically we were without heating and hot water for 10 days because he was so damn lazy! Then later that evening there was a knock on the door - it was the landlord. I thought this guys taking the piss right?! James reminded me to keep my cool coz he only has to give me 2 months notice to quit and that the kids were all in earshot. When he came in he couldnt apologie anymore and he went bright red but I didnt stay very calm and after about 10 mins I told him EXACTLY what had happened and about the part that he took 10 days to get ect ect. Well he ended up saying he will discout next months rent but Im not too bothered either way he put us all - esp J in danger. Still..... at least its all over with now........phew. Rant defo over!! xx xx

[Modified by: Elaine&Boys on 08 November 2008 09:45:29 ]

Replies

• Options
    oh yeh and that dripping is a water leak! :evil: :evil:
  • Options
    Thats so bad Elaine! i hope you give them hell about it and make sure you point out the dangers of if you had put J to sleep in there!!!!!!!!
    Stupid people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Hi Elaine

We rent a property out and as such are legally obliged to provide a corgi certificate for the boiler to prove it has been inspected and is safe and has had an annual inspection. This costs a fair amount, but we would not dream of not doing it, not only for the legal implications, but also because there are 3 lives at risk - including 2 children.

I would seek advice hon because it sounds as if you have a crap landlord who is just interested in money and not your lives. The fact he has a letting agent as well means that they should have checked these documents anyway.

You let them have it and I would personally be threatening more than a few strong words!xx
  • Options
    omg that is awful elaine! give them hell when you go in today... that is not good enough on the part of your landlord! obviously trying to fix it on the cheap!

• Options
    omg thats bloody disgraceful, did you get that engineers name if not call the gas company n ask them to give you his name, i hope you give the letting agency hell, i would ask for compension i refused to pay my rent until my house was sorted, call environmental health or threaten letting agency im sure they will get off their arses n do something then.
  • Options
    bloody thing posted b4 i had finished, I hope J is ok bless him, thats not what you bloody need xxx

big hugs xxx
  • Options
    Hi elaine,

That's so bad, fingers crossed he got the message and won't do anything like that again.

Good on you for not holding it in, he needed to be told!!
  • Options
    My daughter I started weaning a few weeks ago at 17 weeks for the same reasons she seems happy and contented but I don't know how much I should be giving her, she now has a rusk in the morning she didn't like the rice and she has an ice cube of broc and sweet pot and a carrot one for dinner and a cube of pear (made ourselves) for dinner, she has a bottle after the meals 5 - 6 ounces and an 8 Ounce bottle for lunch and 8 ounces just before bed about 8pm but I have no idea if this is right, although it seems to work for her at the mo!!??